Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #1

Successful day at the Animal Sanctuary

I have been helping at our local Animal Sanctuary for a number of years, but don't go as often now as I work Friday nights and usually too tired! However, I did go today and OH came along to help. There are 3 catteries, we got there at 11am and left at 4pm, so it took us all that time to clean them as we did them so thoroughly. They were sparkling when we left and they had lovely clean litter trays, clean bedding, etc. In the female cattery was an extremely timid little black & white girl called Polly who was found as a stray. She is not aggressive at all, but so, so scared. When I picked her up to clean her bed she just froze. However, I spent some time stroking her and eventually she started to relax and lifted her chin for a rub. A middle aged couple came in for a cat as they had lost their 16 year old cat a few weeks previously. I thought Polly would be ideal for them and as they had no children or other pets they would be the ideal home for Polly. Thankfully the lady fell in love with her and spent ages stroking her and talking gently to her. Polly started to dribble with pleasure and 'pummel'! Result: she is now reserved by this couple. These timid adult cats are usually much harder to re-home so it was a very successful and rewarding day! I found out today that the sanctuary now has a sponsor which means they can now routinely neuter the cats, something which they did not do previously. I was delighted to say the least!

If anyone is interested in having a look at the web site the address is redgatefarmanimalsanctuary.co.uk

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
23-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #2

Re: Successful day at the Animal Sanctuary

what a great end to a busy day. glad polly has got a mum n dad wanting to adopt her. she sounds adorable.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #3

What a happy ending to the day Kim......how kind of you and your OH to help out like that...

Polly sounds like she will make a wonderful pet for that couple too....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #4

What a lovely story. Polly seems to have landed on her feet with her new familly. As you rightly say - too often the timid ones are overlooked for the more extrovert.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-07-2006, 10:48 PM   #5

What a lovely story, so pleased Polly will have a nice new home....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
23-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #6

I'm so glad, Kim It's always a happy day when a cat finds a new home, but moreso when they fall into the "hard to home" category

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #7

Glad you had a good day, and that it looks like Polly has found herself a good home to go to.
On the downside, the link you've given there is no link bit for cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #8

Yes, I noticed that too Kazz. Must say I don't often go on their web site, but did check to see if it would work and was very disappointed too. Will have to have a word with the powwers that be!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
24-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #9

Well done Polly! And well done Kim! Wonderful when it all works out as well as that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #10

What a lovely post Kim
Well done you on two counts - for your manual labour and for your matchmaking! All good wishes for a long and happy life for Polly.