Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-07-2006, 06:58 AM   #1

Daily thread - Saturday

Morning campers

We are off to a car show this weekend and we won't be back until Sunday, hopefully it won't rain or get too hot

Have a good weekend everybody ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
22-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Saturday

we had rain last night, but its still warm here. got a pile of house work to do today. got company 2 morrow (loads of family) and monday we have some one looking at the flat.fingers crossed for that

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #3

Good morning Emma, good morning BM!!

Nice bright start to the day here and not too hot and the moment........nothing special planned for today...

Emma
~ hope you have a lovely weekend at the car show

BM
~ hope you get all your housework done but don't go overdoing it!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-07-2006, 09:51 AM   #4

Oh, I have Cp to myself. Ah the power! Does that mean everyone is doing exciting things? I hope so. I have just had a serious vaccuum and made myself soooo hot, I've just had to sit down and recover for a little while - that's my excuse anyway! Have the kittens with me, so they're out of the way whilst the electrician is here - can't think they will help him in his work!
We have rain forecast for this afternoon - it would be nice to think that might freshen things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
22-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #5

Morning all
Sunny here today, going on another bike ride later today. then stuffing myself with a chinese!

Have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #6

Morning all,
Slightly cooler here today at the moment.
Like most of you dont have anything planed for today.
May be tempted to sit in the sun later on
Have a nice day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
22-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #7

I have a busy day in front of me - in a couple of hours I have to wander off to drop Random at my friends' pub, then come back and spray the house for fleas (Sweep brought them in, and now he's flea-free but my carpet isn't, and my ankles are full of bites!) and then wander back to the pub. I'll be taking my laptop there (got a brandnew laptop backpack so random yobs won't know what I'm carrying ) as I have some code I need to write that has to be done by Monday, when Matt will return from the conference he's at.

Then about half seven I'm trundling off to a party at some friends' house. Reckon I'll sleep at the pub tonight (it used to be a hotel so they have loads of rooms, and the landlord - who used to be our housemate - is always telling me I can just sleep over) so the flea stuff definitely has time to dry as I'm paranoid about chemicals and Random. Luckily the cats are barely in with the heat, so if I leave them loads of water and food in the conservatory they'll be fine being confined to outside or the conservatory for 24 hours. Got it all planned out like a military operation, as is my custom

It's going to be a superlate night, so tomorrow I'm going to have an early one so I can be up at 7 on Monday for someone to come collect my Hoover which needs to be replaced under warranty.

It's kind of nice just having Random here - I'm finally making some headway tidying this infernal house, and I get the whole bed to myself Plus, nobody's leaving plates all over the house

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #8

Well, the fan is up and working - fab!

Now just a little worry - you don't think the boys will regard it as a kitty Alton Towers do you? Can you imagine them leaping and hanging on to the blades for a fairground ride - Nemesis?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Now just a little worry - you don't think the boys will regard it as a kitty Alton Towers do you?

TeeHee!!! Remember the film 'Gremlins'??? They had super fun whizzing round on the ceiling fan . . . I can just see B&C doing similar

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #10

After a 1st thing dash to the vet (see Darcy's thread), I waddled into town to get my nails done, I bought a few baby bits and bobs and then came back home super-slow as it was infernally hot and humid. Rain started spotting on the way back and soon the heavens opened. Can't say I'm sorry apart from the fact all work has stopped on the garden (can't brick lay in the wet aparently . . . )

Ken did a lovely smoked salmon and cheese omlette for lunch and now he's resting a bit waiting for the rain to stop and I've finished off the last of the ironing. I have put an old 'Smiths' CD on and it's bringing back loads of art school memories . . . ah the joys of being a forty-something

Right - off to wash the kitchen floor