Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
19-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #1

I was a good girl today

Remember I had the absess a couple of weeks ago? Well had a return visit to the dentist today. It was for a root canal and I went . I have been known to cancell appointments, you know for serious stuff like a broken finger nail . I'm really proud of myself but my mouth is a bit sore now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #2

Re: I was a good girl today

You ARE brave, and I say that as a complete coward who avoids doctors/dentists as much as possible! Good for you!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #3

yup you are brave jac. I have been TWICEE in 12 years

I also now dont go to the chirpodist cos last time i did she said i disturbed my toe nail bed on big toe nail ( it grows curved up not straight) when I ripped off my nail about 10 years ago, and the treatment for it is opening my toe, filing down the bone underneath and sewing it back up, then removing my toe nail. NOT been back since cos too sacred, as they do it while you wide awake.

I dont do pain lmao!!!!

you'll be better off in the long run, but personally, ahving had a root canal last year, i would rather have a tooth pulled than go through that again, but i had a crap dentist which didnt help.

BRAVERY OF THE WEEK AWARD TO MOMMY JAC!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
20-07-2006, 02:16 AM   #4

Well done, Jac!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
20-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #5

Very brave! Rootcanals are not my favourite things, either.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
20-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #6

well done on your bravery. im terrified of the dentist, takes me a course of valium to get me in the chair ive got a pile of work that needs doing, but luckily its bee delayed till i get the breathing under control.i go into panic mode and cant breath.

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #7

Funnily enough, I have trouble breathing as well. I shake to my toes. As I'm in the chair you can see me shake (like a jelly)
Not so happy today.Its really sore. I hope the infection hasnt come back

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #8

Well done on being so brave Jac! Root canal treatment isn't pleasant is it? You are bound to be sore for a few days after that sort of treatment Jac. Hope you feel better soon x

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #9

It is painfull but not throbing like last time. More tender and sore if that makes sence.
At least it's over and done now. The dentist didnt tell me what he was going to do as he new I would panic . Thought I was going for a small filling.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #10

ww bless ya, I hate dentists.
Sometimes it best not to know, but my old dentist didnt tell you in as much as he wouldnt ask you to open your mouth, just stick his fingers in and pull it oen, then he'd stick a needle in your gums without saying 2 just an injection" etc, that jsut made me even more nervous, he didnt talk to me at all, called me a big wossie for being nervous, and dint tell me waht he was doing as he went along!

I hope the pain goes down in it soon, can take a few days tos ettle, hope you not got an infection.