Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
17-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #1

Should Microwaves be Banned?

Should Microwaves be Banned?

Was sent this as an email, but thought it would be interesting to post it here to see what everyone thinks???

Microwaved Water - See What It Does To Plants

Below is a science fair project done by a young girl in 2006. She took filtered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave.
Then, after cooling, she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She wondered if the structure or energy of the water might be compromised by the microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference.

The problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about; it is how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it. So, the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast.
Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these "Safe" appliances. What about the Canadian nurse that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed them when the blood went in dead. But the manufacturers say microwaves are safe and to keep using them. Ask your Doctor. I am sure they will say it's safe too. Proof is in the pictures of living plants dying. Try it yourself. Remember You are also Living.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #2

Re: Should Microwaves be Banned?

Very interesting article. I couldn't imagine life without a microwave

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #3

That's very interesting Donna!

I hardly use my microwave.....I only use it for jacket potatoes and heating milk. I've never fancied cooking meat in it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
17-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #4

Hardly ever use mine x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
17-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #5

There are things in life I worry more about.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #6

I was vehemently anti-microwave oven until about a year into having Domi when I succumbed and bought a real cheapie. I use it for defrosting and some heating up, but as I cook most food from scratch and don't have too many ready meals it doesn't get heavy usage.

However, interesting report and findings. I think I will have to look into this in more detail as anything that can alter the DNA of an item is quite a scary beast. Until then, microwave will get minimal use . . . I might even try the plant test myself

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
17-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #7

I only really use mine to heat baked beans so not too worried myself but it is an interesting article!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
17-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #8

I've seen that before and I think it is worrying, we use our microwave quite a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-07-2006, 02:40 AM   #9

Never owned a microwave; enjoy cooking. But this article, if true, would worry me quite a bit if I used it much for cooking!

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
18-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #10

Ooops, looks like I should be dead - I got my first microwave in 1978 and have used them (at the moment I have two, an ordinary one and a combination)at least once a day ever since, cooking veg, meat, cakes etc.

In this weather they are fantastic, so much cooler to use than an ordinary cooker. Logoes