Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #1

One of those days I think Poorly cat

Well I am beginning to think its one of those days - see the daily thread for more info - but this is about the cat that lives opposite you recall the Tom cat that belongs to a young couple and the "boyfriend" doesn't seem intersted this is the link to the previous post http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/s...ight=boyfriend

well this morning (ish) I spoke to Peggy the lady who live in their block she said "Have you seen that cat" I knew she meant the Tom as she knows all the names of everyone elses cat. "He's been in a fight."
Well I knew he hadn't been around for a week or so. But as its hot I just thought I hadn't seen him apparently he has a absess on his shoulder/neck/ear and Peggy says he's been bothered by flies she also said the girlfriend (owner of cat) had a go at Peggy for feeding him; Peg said this morning she put a tea plate down full of fish she cooked for him and a dish of milk and he stood and ate and drank the lot then looked for more.
I went over and knocked on their door and asked about him and the woman/girlfriend/owner said he's fine and would we all mind our own bussiness.
Well a slight fall out occured when Peg and another neighbour said from the gate they'd call the RSPCA - and then yet another neighbour joined in and
said she's take him to the PDSA. none of that helped much.
The girl won't and hasn't been accepting food for him for a while I just figured she had got herself sorted I don't know if she thinks I'm interfering or what but I was thinking of the cat.

Well I will catch him if I see him and take him to the vet, get him healthy again and get him neutured what can she do complain?
But I think I will have to be careful now as she/he will be watchful.

I'll have to find out about getting a "voucher" from the Cats Protection (I'll ask Smudgley) for neuturing and will a vet nutuer/treat a cat thats not mine????

Oh boy what a day.

Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #2

Re: One of those days I think Poorly cat

Poor boy, he doesn't appear to have a very happy life, does he Kazz

It is good that you and your neighbours care for his welfare. I would be very careful taking him to the vet to get him neutered without the owner knowing though......it could cause a bit of bother....although we all know your intentions are good...

If you can get a "voucher", could you broach the subject with her and offer to take him? Just a thought!

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #3

Thanks Mags although I have broached the subject of a voucher before ( a couple of times only didn't want to push) and nothing - and to be honest I haven't seen him - but the fact at least 4 of the neighbours are concerned about him is enough for me to think he's not too good . And I forsee either a "turn around" by them and they get him treated (I mean they have 4 cars) albeit 2 at any one time are in bits and the other two only just function. So transport isn;t a problem they justobviously don't care.

Well I won;t satnd by I will catch him and take him to be treated and neutured then hopefully they will buck there ideas up I mean what can't hey do shout - fair enough.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #4

I was in a similar position to this a few months ago. Claude's dad kept hanging round our house and garden and invited himself into our porch and spraying when he felt like it. My vets said you catch him, we'll neuter him but I felt in the end that he wasn't mine to do so and he did look well cared for and healthy looking. Haven't seen him for ages now actually, so wonder if they finally got him neutered themselves

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #5

Yeah but he looked good Fran by the sounds of it he doesn't look good now and the worst of it is they don;t seem to care or feed him enough. He's long haired or semi long haired (not sure cat hair wise what he'd be classed as not up on it although he doesn't look long haired like a persian) but he is matted it appears too.

Why on earth do people have animals and not care for them,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
16-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Why on earth do people have animals and not care for them,
This is what I cant get my head round. If they cant afford him, give him away. If they dont care about him, give him away. If they care and can afford him then why on earth are they neglecting his health??????????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #7

Do you know anyone that you could ask about the legality of trapping him & having him cared for and neutered? The poor boy sounds in an awful way, but I'd hate to see you getting into trouble for being a good Samaritan...those people sound just like the sort who would love to cause problems...!!!

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Do you know anyone that you could ask about the legality of trapping him & having him cared for and neutered? The poor boy sounds in an awful way, but I'd hate to see you getting into trouble for being a good Samaritan...those people sound just like the sort who would love to cause problems...!!!
I shouldn't need to trap him he should just wander over I should be able to get him into a cat carrier the rest should be easy - what "niggles" at me is if he needs ongoing treatment for the "absess (I think thats what it is)
and if they cause trouble - they haven't got far to come I live about 60 steps from them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #9

Kazz, just go and punch there lights out (from me) I know you want to.

My advice would be offer them a tenner for him. If they dont take it do as you were thinking. (I'll bet they take it though)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
17-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #10

Poor little Tom - I hope you manage to rescue him and get him treated x