Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

07-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #1

boys have their first go in the harness

Well the lads had their first go in their harness tonight. It went quite well - they didn't really get stressed out about having it on them, but were a bit bemused with this bright blue string that was following them around. They only wore it for 3 or 4 minutes as I want to start with short little lessons so it's always a positive experience for them.

We did have one minor crisis when Lightning got wrapped around a table leg and I had to let go of the string to untangle him. He ran off and then got chased by this blue monster. It wasn't helped by Bright-water thinking it was a BRILLIANT game and chashing the blue monster that was chasing his brother!
Lightning went and hid under the bed until I rescued him, but he didn't seem upset with the harness afterwards, so I don't think it's permently scarred him!

Here are a couple of pics of Lightning modelling the harness.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
07-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #2

Re: boys have their first go in the harness

bless well done kittys love the last pic

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #3

Awwww!!! How cute does he look in those piccies?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #4

They are really cute kitts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
07-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #5

You're doing exactly the right thing in taking it in short, playful sessions. I would recommend a lead you can unclip, if they get stuck. (This from someone who has been dragged through the *best* of the thorny roses, dense bushes and under anything solid. ) At least then you can let them pootle on in just the harness while you de-cat's cradle the much desirable play-string bit.
I've also used the magic shoe-lace to good effect - if Rover was gathering to vanish under a chair or the sofa, I could distract him with a shoe-lace dragged along the ground. He goes nuts about string, including shoe-laces (but yes you *do* need eight hands to work it with two kittens wanting to play. ).

They're absolutely adorable!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
07-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #6

awh Lightning is soooo cute