Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-07-2006, 06:40 AM   #1

Grey Stray

Ok I think this little fella is a stray, saw him today running up and down our willow tree and playing in the garden, he is a lot thinner than in the photos I slowly opened the back door armed with cat nuts and he cautiously came over to me, after eating a bit he started to purr!!! with some TLC he would be a stunning cat, he is still intact though

What do you guys think?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #2

Re: Grey Stray

Wow he's gorgeous Emma!! Can't believe a cat as beautiful as that is a stray Do you think that if he is entire that he may just have wandered away from home looking for the girlies??

Catsey Veteran

05-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #3

Quite possibly Fran. He seemed to be very friendly once he knew I wasn't going to hurt him, he even took some food from my fingers, and he was very gentle. I think he is quite young though, I reckon under 2 years old. He was having a great time in the garden running around and chasing leaves

I think this is the grey cat my OH saw asleep last winter under the eves of our bungalow, he went to have a look and the cat ran off.

I will keep an eye on him, and if I see him again I will try and feed him, if he keeps coming back, I will ask about locally and see if he is owned by any of the neighbours if he isn't I will either take him to my vets to see if he has been microchipped or take him to the RSPCA centre which is quite close. A cat like him will have no trouble finding a home. I think he would be a little love bug once he got to know you, I was amazed when he started to purr

My mum would love a grey cat, so if he comes back I will see if she is interested in taking him, if he isn't microchipped and he is indeed a stray.

No collar on him, thin, intact, young, does all point to him being a stray I think.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
05-07-2006, 09:49 AM   #4

he`s lovely he does look a bit on the thin side though but never the less still a handsome chap

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
05-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #5

He looks a bit like Sweep, in thinness - the pose he's in is a bit treacherous for seeing it, but he looks like he has quite a skinny waist.

He is gorgeous, I hope he has, or finds a home soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #6

He is gorgeous and young looking. I hope you find out his story Emma.

Catsey Veteran

05-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoof
He looks a bit like Sweep, in thinness - the pose he's in is a bit treacherous for seeing it, but he looks like he has quite a skinny waist.

He is gorgeous, I hope he has, or finds a home soon
Yes Snoof he has got a very skinny waist, I will keep my eyes open for him, perhaps now I had fed him he won't be too frightened if he sees me again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #8

Emma - he's super!!!

Hopefully you can gain his confidence and either reunite him with his owner or rehome him with your Mum

Catsey Veteran

05-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #9

He is lovely isn't he Yola My mum would fall for him straight away if she saw him and I think so would my dad, who loves cats.

He didn't seem to like the wet cat food much but he did have quite a few of the cat nuts.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #10

He looks a lovely cat Emma and looks almost too good to be a stray......although I must agree he does look thin.....