Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
22-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #1

Sweep is settling in nicely...

Having a nice wash in the lounge, not paying any attention to the humans!

He lay like this for ages while my son and I were in the lounge, then when I put the camera down he rolled onto his back and looked soooo cute... But when I picked the camera up again he changed position again

Being petted by my son

He kept reaching over to lick Random's hand But Random would pull back his hand

Big lump of kitty

I also got to pick him up and cuddle him, and he just did that blissful sinking-into-the-human thing and purred Then two men came into the room at the same time and he went "eeeeeep" and ran off, though... But this morning he was in the lounge again.

I suspect him of lying somewhere obvious, in wait for his natural prey - the human hand. When you pet him he's happy, but once you stop he usually gets up and trundles off... Weird lad

Ninja has also gained massive amounts of confidence, I think in large part because he competes for attention. He doesn't seem at all bothered anymore that I pet Sweep (and never minded TCFKAT) but when he sees me petting either of them he will come up and demand to be loved on as well

Last night I sat down on the kitchen floor because he was talking to me and clearly wanted petting, and he didn't even keep a safe distance while I was sitting down

All is well in the unofficial stray-cat shelter in Lancashire

It's really nice lately. I'm finally not worried about them anymore. Now to shout at the boys until they do something useful Then we can take Sweep to the vet's and get started properly on the health-and-wellness angle!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #2

Re: Sweep is settling in nicely...

Well he has made himself at home, hasn't he? Lovely pics and I don't think he looks toooo skinny. Not in those shots anyway.
Good luck with the doss-house

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #3

He doesn't look skinny until he's standing up, when you can see the way he narrows at the waist... But then you can count his ribs.

I reckon he's ok and not about to keel over (since I also know he eats when he's hungry and so on), but I'd like to put some weight on him anyway. But as soon as we put the catflap in, first order of business will be taking him to the vet's, so then we'll find out if it's necessary for him to gain rapidly or if it'll sort itself out over time and be ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #4

Lovely to see that Sweep is getting to feel comfortable in his new home. He really is a very sweet puss isn't he?

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #5

Here! Yay! He did it again!

I'm so totally melting here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #6

Picture of a cat who has fallen on his feet (flat on his back!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
22-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #7

What fab pics! He looks so cute in the last 2 pics

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
22-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #8

Kitty bliss. He looks like he just grew from the corner of the sofa. As if he's always been there.
He looks a lot cleaner as well?

Catsey Veteran

22-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Picture of a cat who has fallen on his feet (flat on his back!)
It's soooo lovely. He's coming out of his shell at his own pace, and it's very nice to see that (contrary to my initial thoughts when Matt suggested taking him in) he's not as work-intensive as Ninja... I'd do the work, but it's nice not to have to!

Hreow, he's been sleeping in the house a fair bit (you couldn't pry him out of that corner of the sofa with a crowbar ) and I think the fact that he's not adding any more muck is allowing him to get the existing problems under control. As you can see his legs could do with a clean, but there again, I suspect any white cat who goes outside is going to look slightly mucky on the legs. Not sure though, not having had one before!

Nae I am so excited about those last two, I can't wait till Matt sees them

I got an undercoat comb a couple of days ago and have been combing here and there. Sweep thinks it's a toy and tries to bite it TCFKAT (who really needs a good comb, she sheds more than Ninja and Sweep combined and apparently J isn't so bothered as to do it, or can't get a hold of her - not sure which) just purrs and Ninja does some cool ninja moves where he seems to be dancing with it.

I ought to put a webcam up and charge admission, I'd make a killing

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
22-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #10

he looks like he`s settled in well .contentment would sum up those pics