Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #1

Panic - Lost Sal

Well people I have to tell you my heart went into my mouth today really it did when the rain eased off slightly I was going between the back and front garden via the side gate, planting up the tubs, the dogs as always were following me, when the rain started up again in we came after a few minutes I wondered where Sal was a few minutes later I realised she wasn't in the house I panicked and went outside the front up and down and couldn't see her anywhere I called and called even though the front gate wasn't open but I still couldn't see her anywhere.

I came back inside to put my coat and shoes on as it was pouring down and I wanted to go further up the road.

Tess wanted to go out into the back garden I opened the back door said "Hurry up" and then heard bumping from the shed, I opened the foor and there was Sal.
She must have gone into the shed and maybe settled down and had a snooze as she sometimes does when I'm gardening only this time in the rain I had shut and lflipped the lock with her inside.

Sal was estatic to be let out I assume she had heard me calling her by the noise she was making plus the throwing herself against the shed door to get out, or to get to me when calling her .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #2

Re: Panic - Lost Sal

Oh eek!
Everyone's nightmare.
Glad it ended happily - and quite amusingly, but probably not at the time!

Catsey Veteran

07-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #3

For 5 minutes I felt as if I was walking through quicksand and when the weather improved and out we went again where did she go back in the shed. It appears she falls asleep with her head on my other pair of gardening shoes. you have to love her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
07-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #4

OMG i would of been dying glad she didnt get out

Catsey Veteran

07-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #5

Ta, But the silly thing is if she had got out she wouldn't have gone far she is never more than a few feet from me....the attraction of the shed is my old gardening shoes. she would have been sitting by the gate.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
07-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #6

a few years ago when Leo was a pup (about 9 months old) we went out for the day and left the dogs in the garden with my sister popping in to check on them. she phoned at about 5pm to say all was fine and she had left them in the garden with some water as they were all sunbathing we got home about 7pm and as we pulled up i thought i know them dogs. some how my gate had been broken and they had gotten out and all 3 of them sat on the out side of the gate till we got home.
the man across the road sore them and stayed on his frount till we got home and watched them (he has a bench in his front garden) he said they did all walk up and down the road but no more then about 3 houses each way and they never went on the road at all

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #7

Gosh Kazz, that was a worry!! So pleased there was a happy ending.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
07-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #8

Yikes Karen

I'm glad she's okay.. pheew that must have been so scary

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
07-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #9

So glad all is ok x

Catsey Veteran