Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #1

Giving birth at 63?

Not for me - what do you think?
Extraordinary

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tortie
04-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #2

Re: Giving birth at 63?

I think its disgusting,

That poor child, when it goes to secondry school its parents will be in their 70's and when they are late teens they are going to start looking after their parents instead of themselves, which they should be doing at their age!

And to think, losing your parents when he/she will still be so young. I think these people are extremely inconsiderate!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #3

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
04-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #4

Not heard anything

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #5

I don't agree either. If nature wanted us to have children as late as this it would have made it possible. This child will alwys have 'old' parents who may never see him/her grow up and get married, have their own children etc, etc. I heard on the radio today that the chances of her having a normal birth is almost nil and she is at a high risk of raised BP, heart attack, stroke, etc. At this age I would like to be thinking about retirement, not sleepless nights!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
04-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #6

i dont agree with it. i think its very selfish and irresponsible. this poor child will lose their parents when still so young. its hard at any age, but they wont be able to enjoy having them around for as long as most would like.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carternm31
I think its disgusting,

That poor child, when it goes to secondry school its parents will be in their 70's and when they are late teens they are going to start looking after their parents instead of themselves, which they should be doing at their age!

And to think, losing your parents when he/she will still be so young. I think these people are extremely inconsiderate!

I don't agree with it, but I certainly don't think it's disgusting. And for the record, not all persons of pension age are decrepit. My Mother is 80 and often has more energy than I have and is perfectly able to look after my toddler for quite long periods!!

My husband will be 55 when our new baby is born. Does that make him disgusting too? I hope not

I think nature needs to be a factor here. If the woman is still able to bear a child without assisted conception then she has every right to do so. However when, as in the case of this women, IVF or similar is used then it does cast a doubt over whether it's morally the correct decision. However, as the press does tend to distort and sensationalise things, and correct me if I'm wrong the story was led by that bastion of impartial reporting, the Sun, then we need to be fully certain of the facts before making hastly judgements.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
04-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #8

no thanks im in my 20s and my kids are hard work no thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #9

I think the lady in question has lost the plot a bit, especially as she had to have IVF to have this baby. Also I do wonder how they have considered the effects on the child having parents who are going to be unusually old when they are a teenager.

Strange world we live in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
04-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #10

Nope definately not for me thank you.