Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
02-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #1

Woodfest Wales, Margam Park

Took the kiddies to Margam Park to the Wood Festival. They had a fab time, lodas to see and do.

We saw the falconry display which was brilliant, they were flying 2 birds yesterday, a Harris Hawk called 'Hope' and a Gyr x Perragrine called 'Geri', both stunning birds. They had another hybrid bird of prey there think it was a Gyr x Buzzard called 'Myfanwy' and she was a noisey piece of work, could hear her a mile off Kids had their photo taken with Hope which was lovely.

We then had a little wander around the food & drink fair. Kids tried goats milk fudge and bought some for dad as he couldn't come with us, he was working I tried Danzy Jones Welsh whiskey which was really scrummy and I had my very first taste of goats milk blue cheese, was nice but not something I'd eat on a regular basis.

Thomas made us all laff, he was asked to go put the rubbish in the bin, he was kneeling on the chair got one leg off and then somehow ended up flat on his back on the floor, he got up looking rather red but giggling away

Kids entered a pizza making competiton, there were 3 heats as there were so many children and Louise won her heat. The prize was a nice leg of lamb for me Both pizzas were lovely.

Then last of all they went to see the horse logging, which they really enjoyed.

All in all, a fab day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #2

Re: Woodfest Wales, Margam Park

Sounds like you all had a lovely day Nae...poor little Thomas hope he didn't hurt himself

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #3

No he didn't hurt himself bless him. It was a fab day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
02-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #4

sounds like a nice day had Nae
we took the kids to Margam Park to feed the deer at xmas time with father xmas the kids loved it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #5

Sounds great Nae!
What's the wonderful historical place in S Wales? Does it sound something like Dragonsomething? It must be about 20 years ago I helped on a school trip there - lots of old dwellings, blacksmiths etc etc.

We had a falconry display at the Fayre yesterday but the Eagle flew away - guess they must have persuaded it back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
02-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #6

Sounds great! May I come with you next time?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #7

Glad you all had such a great time Nae....it sounds like a lovely place

Catsey Veteran

02-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #8

Couldn't be St Fagans could it DM, just outside Cardiff? The Welsh History Museum. That has all old dwellings dating from different times, lovely place to visit. My kids love it there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi
Couldn't be St Fagans could it DM, just outside Cardiff? The Welsh History Museum. That has all old dwellings dating from different times, lovely place to visit. My kids love it there.
That's it! Fagan's - Dragons .......... well, it must be 20 years ago, so that's not bad for memory! I must go again sometime and remind myself. I know the whole bus load really enjoyed it, and were amazed at how simply people lived and the problems of the age (keeping your precious candles in a box to stop the mice eating them, etc)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
02-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #10

Sounds like a great day out x