Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
30-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #1

Can't believe what i found today...

As you all know my great grandmother has a nasty accident not too long ago and she is still staying with one of my great aunts..so i have been the one tending too her house and pets, bills etc
Well today there was a letter..very official but i was under strict instructions from the lady herself too open all mail and only pass onto her anything of importance..so opened letter and there it was.
A letter of confirmation from the council on how my great grandmothers house, and all the houses on her street and most of the surrounding neighbourhood is being demolished too make way for a new 'road sorta bypass thing' and various home 'complexs'.
Its within the next five years so gran hopefully will still be around too see it (but none of us every know!) but oh my gosh what a shock..all those people who are having too be relocated!!!! Many of them very elderly people who have been there most of, if not all of, their lives and they are going too be forced too leave in the near'ish future its terrible.
Was a mighty shock..i lived with my great gran for a period in which my parents were sorting through 'marriage issues' (took a long time BTW!) and i allways thought 'Roselands Avenue' and surrounding area would be there too show my children..its a place where many an eve was spent sitting on the step infront of the house gazing out and thinking..im in utter disbelief i really am....
Will post a more 'informative' post when i get the full details....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #2

Re: Can't believe what i found today...

That was a shock Luke, how did your g.gran take the news?

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
30-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #3

Her reply was 'If im around i will be in a home by then most likey"
she seems too forget how 4 of her elder siblings are at present; 89, 92, 95 and 97!
I think it was a shock as shes lived in that house since 1945 so a very long time, brought her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren up there....not too sure if its actually sunk in with her yet....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #4

Its terrible how they can just decide to demolish peoples homes for a road!!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
30-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #5

Yes and these 'home complexes' which apparentlly are modern masonettes but centered around a bloomin communal garden..why not just leave things be!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #6

I cannot imagine what she must be feeling; going to be uprooted from her home of over 60 years!! Shocking!!! Keep us posted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #7

Unfortunetely this does happen Luke. It happened somewhere near to us several years ago Hope your GGma is happy with the new arrangements...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #8

We have a similar thing going on in the posh area of aberdeen, they want to make a bypass, some of these houses are worth a fortune!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
30-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #9

Hope your GG is getting better and this news will not shock her x