Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #1

Kim

You mentioned in the 'lawnmower' thread that you had a new puppy.
Have I missed a post or haven't you announced the arrival/posted pics? If you haven't done it - shame on you; if it's me being dozy please direct me to the appropriate post.
Puppy! Awwwwwww

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #2

Re: Kim

Hi, yes sorry we do have a new puppy. Well he is a large 10 month old brindle greyhound. We got him a week last Sunday from the rescue Houndsavers. Ever since we lost Daisy & Ben the house has seemed very empty without a dogs presence as we missed the walks and exercise! I have been on the various rescue web sites looking out for a cat friendly dog. We found details about Caleb. He was found as a stray in Wales, barely able to walk, it is believed he was owned bytravelers and abandoned as he was lame. He was taken to a pound and from there rescued by houndsavers, he has had to have a toe removed and was fostered to recover. His fosterers own 3 cats and 3 other dogs and apparently he ignored the cats but loved to play with the dogs. Well, the reason I haven't mentioned him is that we are having some problems and there are times when I think that he isn't the dog for us. We are used to adopting oldie dogs, and haven't had a young dog for 27 years! He chases the cats and really bothers them, he is not aggressive, but much too inquisitive and wants to play. They are very frightened and our disabled cat, Sidney was extremely scared when he chased him in the garden yesterday. We were also told that he is 'nearly' houstrained, however he did 3 wees and a poo in the house yesterday and after being in the garden will come straight in and wee. I am finding this very frustrating. He mouths a lot, although we can cope with this as we realise it is typical puppy behaviour. He has lead walking issues too. I don't want to give up on him, he has been through a lot in his short life and is very loving and friendly.

Sorry, for not mentioning him earlier, but if I am totally honest I am not bonding with him yet, and I just miss my 2 docile hounds more than ever. I feel quite tearful at times and realise I am still grieving for them.

Sorry, so long - you did ask!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #3

Awww Kim - sorry to have pressed you if you're not sure.
There's a lot of difference between an oldie and a brand spanking fit newbie isn't there?
Hope it works out (we need good weather!) but if not, don't beat yourself up. You can had him back with a report on what did and didn't work and help him find the right forever home.
..............and there are a lot of real oldies who would appreciate a quiet forever home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #4

It's ok DM. Giving Caleb back to the rescue will be the absolute final straw. I won't give up on him so easy, but would be lying if I said it was easy at the moment. We were so lucky to have 2 perfect dogs and to lose them so close together was cruel and I'm finding it very hard to accept they are gone.