Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #1

Easter

Easter will be here before you know it.....Good Friday, 14th April, less than 4 weeks away!

Have you made any plans for Easter this year? Do you have an Easter Egg....or is it just a treat for the children?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #2

Re: Easter

No plans as such, I usually get my OH, and my parents a nice egg from www.Hotelchocolat.co.uk they do a really nice coffee egg, and my dad loves coffee chocolate

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #3

I will just get an Eater Egg for the children. I dont usually have an Easter Egg and especially not this year as dont want to ruin all this diet hard work!!!

Not planned anything special either - too far ahead for me to know what I am doing!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
19-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #4

We're going to Wales to stay in a cottage at some point in April, with Matt's parents. I think it'll be late April though, not sure... Matt's grannie fell out of bed not too long ago and we pushed our plans back a bit to make sure she's ok before we go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
19-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #5

We are going away in the caravan on another fun packed rally.
Going Fri ~ Tue to Cirencester - can't wait!

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #6

I dont bother with eggs for me, my hubby's family got in a right sulk the first year we were married cos i only got the kids an egg each and not the adults. Personally if your not religious or a kid i didnt see the point spending all that money on eggs. They got even less the next year!
will get the kids something each.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
20-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #7

Me and my OH are taking three of my brothers and sisters to the Isle of Wight for the first week of the Easter holidays and I'm getting worried already! It was my OH's idea and I thought it was a lovely idea but now I'm wondering if I'm mad - they are 14, 13 and 10! My youngest sister is only 3 and as well as not fitting in the car I don't think she'd realise that she wouldn't be able to see her mum for a week so I have told her we will get her a nice present from the IoW and say hello the penguins in the zoo for her!

As for Easter eggs, I generally try to only give to the children and hopefully won't receive any! On Easter Sunday, we normally go to see the lambs being born and cuddle all the cute baby animals at a local farm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #8

I find Easter a huge disappointment. As a child it seemed to magical - it was the only time I really enjoyed going to church!! The custom in the Polish church was to take the cold food to be eaten on Easter Sunday (or a representational proportion of it anyway) to church on Easter Saturday to get it blessed bu the priest. Getting everything laid out in the basket with crisp white linen and freshly painted eggs . . . brilliant!! This was always something I did with my Dad and it was our special 'thing' - even long after I'd lost all faith in the church. Since his death there's been a bit of a hole

Easter Eggs? I have repeatedly asked my (elderly) relatives not to buy me chocolate but it's like talking to a brick wall. I will buy a small egg for Dominik, but the only time he's really interested in chocolate is when my Mum's around and I WISH she'd stop feeding him the stuff!!!

We'll probably be going to my Mum's on Easter sunday with my ocatgenarian Aunt and Uncle (my aunt insists on speaking Polish to poor Ken who doesn't understand a word) and she will no doubt get tiddly and it'll all be very embarassing.

Much as I love my family, I wish I didn't feel so obliged to spend these festivites with them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
20-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #9

its my grandsons 2nd birthday on the 17th and we are off to southend on sea, for a bike run, ace cafe to southend run, hubbys going by bike im going with the family by train,
ill buy eggs for my kids ones 30 the others 18 and an egg for grandson, and ive been saving myself for a small easter egg

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #10

i used to live near southend on sae (shoeburyness) also lived in pitsea when i was a toddler, and orsett.born there and went back there to do my nurse training)

still nothing at shoeburyness worth going for lol.
I was amazed last year to see how big peter pans playground had gotten,a nd that they still had my fav two rides from a kid, the crooked house and the train ride where you sit in little round carriages.

Agree easter just not the same anymore, same as birthdays and xmas i ffeel. but then none of my family really bother with me and the kids at these times of year, they all live in newcastle upon tyne and seem to forget we dont.
even when they lived here it was the same, theyd all plan a family dinner out somewhere and i'd find out about it after they left, nobody bothering to even ask me if i wanted to go.

Dont much like my family I must admit, purely cos they dont bother with me much. So i dont feel at all obliged to attend social gatherings anymore.

Ryan asking if his birthday is easter sunday this year, it was the year he was born, tried explaining that his birthday AND easter are diff days every year. He does feel very special being born on easter sunday though bless him.