Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
15-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #1

Daily Shred-Wednesday

Spening some time finishing off Thomas' costume.

Thomas is going on a trip to a Toy Museum today so he's looking forward to that.

The children in school are dressing up for World Book day and Louise is going as a nurse

Then I'm off up the school to spend more money on books for the kids

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #2

Re: Daily Shred-Wednesday

Beware the Ides of March!
Birthday tea with my Dad today.
It's still very cool.....................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #3

Woke up with my usual headache again midwife thinks it's hormonal - I hope so!!

Dominik is going on a school trip to the dentist with his class of little chums - I had to remember to take his toothbrush and toothpaste in this morning. Wow - I can't ever remember going on exciting trips like that at school (yes - I'm being facetious )

Have got some rather urgent estimates to get through and some briefing documents to write for the studio and for clients so must get on. Will pop in during the day and try and catch up with what's been going on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
15-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #4

I'm hoping against hope that today might be the day I manage to get Ninja into his carrier and to the vet's Sitting up waiting for him to come home for breakfast really...

Not much else planned for today but in a lot of pain as I haven't taken my painkillers yet for fear of seeming completely rata**ed at the vet's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #5

Morning all, we have a dry, dull and bloomin freezin day.....hope you all have a good day..
Hope you manage to get Ninja into his box Snoof without too much trouble!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #6

Morning all, not a bad day at at here, the sun is beginning to show its face...

Hope you get Ninja into his carrier Snoof....

Have a good day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #7

The little so-and-so has, of course, chosen today to not be in in the morning And the vet's walk-in clinic ends in 40 minutes! I'm ripping my hair out by the root

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #8

Right, I went into the kitchen and there on the windowsill (on the outside of the window ) was a beautiful tortie-and-white. I was confused for a minute, thinking "Hey... That one's not mine..." () as she shifted around a little bit, while looking at me. She kept looking down and then scooting, and ended up on the lefthand side of the sill. Boom, Ninja jumped up beside her! So they sat there and stared at me for a while, and I held up the pouch of catfood () to show Ninja it was foodiestime, and emptied it into his bowl, and put the bowl into the carrier.

In he came, with me standing just off to the side where he couldn't see me but I could see what was going on through the pebbled glass of the door. Into the carrier, one leg still sticking out. I stepped to the side and stood in the door opening, thinking "Can I make it if I jump out, push his leg in and then shut the door?" but ultimately didn't think I could and thought it would give him the fright of his life if I tried.

He came back out with a mouthful of food, dropped a bit, spent a few minutes looking annoyed until he found it again () and then noticed the tortie was by his hole and went to nose at her, eventually going back out. Having left the vast majority of his breakfast.

I'm giving serious consideration to buying a humane trap and wondering whether it's really worth the trauma and pain for him, given even a vaccinated cat can still infect unvaccinated cats. Might it not be better if we get the kittens, keep them apart from him until they're fully vaccinated if they haven't been, yet, and see about getting Ninja to the vet's when he's had a chance to learn from them that neither we, nor the carrier are quite as dangerous as toxic waste?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
15-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #9

my OH came up with a great way of getting the cats into their carrier.

He takes the carrier into the bedroom and puts it so the opening end is facing up on the bed - then he gets the bed covers and surrounds the carrier with them so all you can see is a dark hole. He them picks up the cat and then gently drops them in the dark hole and then I very quickly close up the hole - works every time!

If they do struggle going into it face on sometimes putting them in backwards can help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
my OH came up with a great way of getting the cats into their carrier.

He takes the carrier into the bedroom and puts it so the opening end is facing up on the bed - then he gets the bed covers and surrounds the carrier with them so all you can see is a dark hole. He them picks up the cat and then gently drops them in the dark hole and then I very quickly close up the hole - works every time!

If they do struggle going into it face on sometimes putting them in backwards can help.
That sounds so clever!

See - that's another tip via CP - it's invaluable!