Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
12-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #1

Meet the ChipperKitty!

A friend of mine is known as the ChipperFairy, and I ended up not having enough time to make her a soft toy for Christmas, so I made it over the weekend ( I kind of forgot a lot before).

Since it's a kitty, I thought you guys might enjoy it (and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out so I'm showing off ).

This is the front, the colours don't show up as well as they should (of course I would be the one photographing a primarily dark purple kitty on a dark green sofa ). The eyes are blue, the dark colour is a dark reddish purple, the lighter one is lilac.

This is the back. With wings, because of course as a fairy's kitty it'll need them

The feet have little pads on them (just the central pad, no toes - I thought since I'd done the face more in a suggestion-of sort of way I'd do the feet the same way) - lilac bottoms, dark purple pads. Maybe I should've taken a picture of them, too

The collar shown is from Kitty Cat Boutique, I got a set for Ninja/boykitten/girlkitten and got one for the ChipperKitty as well, just to be posh as they were on offer (two pink like the one shown and two blue). I just looked and apparently they don't do these anymore

So that's my weekend of sewing then Next I'll be doing a sleeping bag for the kittens - I made one but it turned out too small so I gave it to the ChipperFairy's fiance to take home as they'll be getting a kitten soon (they lost one of theirs a while ago ) and it'll be big enough for one

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #2

Re: Meet the ChipperKitty!

That's really good Snoof!! It seems we have another talented person on Catpages...well done!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #3

wow, have you ever thought about selling the things you sew or is it more just your own hobby?

LOVE that collar

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #4

Very cute you have done an excellent job on it

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #5

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
wow, have you ever thought about selling the things you sew or is it more just your own hobby?
It's a hobby. I love it because I get to make them up as I go along - ChipperKitty was originally meant to have different paws, but when I was doing the body it occurred to me that she could be more like a pillar-of-cat, so she ended up the way she is. I usually just start out and then when I'm done they're usually the animal I intended to make when I started

I make them for friends and for my son. And when I run out of people to make them for I just start noodling and by the time I'm halfway done someone's seen what I'm making and asked if they could have it

I considered selling them on ebay or something, but then decided I don't want to feel like I have to make them, because sometimes I go a week or two without sewing when my hands are bad (chronic disorders) and I'd force myself to sew anyway just so I could make a few extra quid. Not worth it, IMO. But I do have a list of things to make for friends and I keep adding to it - it's all good by me as long as people understand that they might have to wait a few months.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #6

Thats lovely, I want one of those, big kid that i am

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Thats lovely, I want one of those, big kid that i am
Yeah, this is one of the ones where I end up thinking "crud, I want to keep it now"

I promised another forum I would post a tutorial (with pictures of every step along the way) to making a simple soft toy. ChipperKitty (minus wings and collar) would actually be a brilliant project for that, as she's simple yet cute.

Maybe I should post it here as well, so people can make their own? Does mean I'll end up with a kitty going spare though... Maybe I should have a contest so the winner can have the product? And CP would be the ideal place for it...

Will have to find out if it'd be ok for me to do that here, maybe in Off-Topic Chat, given I'm not making any money off it...?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
12-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #8

Well Done x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #9

That is brilliant, you really should make them to sell....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #10

Thats really sweet!!