Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
03-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #1

Haven Holidays

Been to the travle agents today and picked up a brochure for Haven Holidays as we've decided that this year that we're gonna go on a family holiday just me, hubby and the kids.

Seems as me and the kids don't have passports we've decided to stay in the UK but can't decide where to go.

Has anyone been on a Haven Holiday?

If so which site did you visit and what was it like?

Can't decide on North Wales or down Devon/Cornwall way.

Cany anyone suggest any other places to stay eg cottages etc

The kids are 34, 7 and 6

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #2

Re: Haven Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi
The kids are 34, 7 and 6
@ Nae!!

Never been on a haven holiday so cannot help i am afraid

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #3

Never been although my sister herhubby and the children have been to Pontin and adore it the one in Devon I am certain they went to and they have never said a bad word about it. I imagine a lot of the holiday campsites like that are similar though where ever you go you will have a great time I am sure children sea, sand and a bit of sunshine a perfect receipe for fun.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #4

No experience of Haven holiday's Nae only Butlins and I wouldn't recommend them. Tom got food poisoning Infact half the campus did

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #5

Okay Butlins is defiantely out then

I'll have a look at Pontins holidays aswell then.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #6

Ive been on a couple of haven hols. One in scotland and one in blackpool. the kids had a ball. It was good weather so we were really lucky.
OH has been to centre Parks in the lakes with his work but it's really expencive.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #7

I always thought that if the kids were happy then everyone was happy and all had a good time.
This is where we moan about our weather.................if only we could rely on good weather then the most basic of holiday homes with a beach or other interesting space for children to explore is all you need. They are outside and moving all day and should collapse and sleep well from a reasonable time, to let m&d have a relaxed evening.
On the other hand, if it rains (and rains and rains) it can cost a fortune to fine museums, exhibitions, cinemas etc.
If you get good reports of Haven, I'd say go for it!
For another year, when you've really got your finances in good order, look at camping in France (where the tents are all ready for you & are really well equipped). It's safe for the kids, they make tons of friends and so do you. They have takeaways so you can have your main meal outside in the warm, the kids can run around with their new friends in a safe traffic free environment, and you can chill with a bottle of red!

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2006, 02:14 PM   #8

Funny enouhg DM that's what OH suggested, going on a camping holiday to France. Last time I went 'camping' I was about 13 and it was only in the back garden. Unfortunately the stray cat that had adopted us scared the living daylights out of me and my sis and we ran as fast as we could back into the house

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #9

When the kids were small we took them to Haven Park in Dorset, They really enjoyed it and the caravan was comfortable and well equipped. Not my sort of holiday though - just did it for the kids, but as DM says, if the kids are happy then so are we. One thing I didn't like though was that the caravans were really close together and late at night there was a lot of noise from people coming back the worst for wear from the clubs/pubs. Most definitely prefer Center Parcs, great for any age, loads to do, chalets are great and lovely and quiet. But not at all cheap. Hope you have a good time whereever you go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #10

my mum went to ahven in wales last year and it was so good she booked another holiday for her my step dad me and kids for june!
done pontins, it was ok, food awfull mind you, kids menu was chips n chips all week! butlins even worse than pontins, really felt with both of them that we were slumming it for the week. We did only ahve the cheap accomodation as it so expensive.
Haven seem good though.
I prefer booking out of school hols, a lot of palces a two week break is cheaper than one week in holidays