Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #1

Daily Shred Thread / Tuesday

Morning all Still dark here, not sure what the weather is doing outside. I have to go see a friend today and I am still on with Em's bedroom getting it ready to be plastered.

Mags...What sort of night's sleep did you have? Hope thoses 'cones' helped.

Hope you all have a very good Tuesday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
24-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #2

Re: Daily Shred Thread / Tuesday

Am competely shattered this morning. Hardly slept a wink last night and was cleaning the kitchen at 1:45am went back to bed at 3ish but was just drifiting in and out of sleep.

Gotta go shopping today, don;t feel like it but it's gotta be done

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #3

Morning Fran ans Nae
Not opened the curtains yet, still dark and feels cold. One of thoes mornings you just want to roll back over.
Nae you sound like me, thats the kind of things I do.
Mum's visiting today. I'm sure she will let me know what I'm doing wrong and where. Like breathing LOL
anyway have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-01-2006, 09:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi
Am competely shattered this morning. Hardly slept a wink last night and was cleaning the kitchen at 1:45am went back to bed at 3ish but was just drifiting in and out of sleep.

Gotta go shopping today, don;t feel like it but it's gotta be done
Oh Nae - you got things on your mind??? That's usually what stops me sleeping - doesn't have to be bad things either - i can lose sleep thinking about forthcoming holidays or forthcoming kittens . It makes you feel so blimmin 'wrung out' next day. The only saving grace is that one day soon you will sleep 8 hours solid and will wake up feeling like you have been to the Bahamas for a week!
Coldish and dry here. Sun forecast for later. Am on my own till tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be around for lots of chat (for a change! )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
24-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #5

Always things on my mind DM, Louise was running a temperture of 39.9C last night, complaining of ear ache in both ears, sore throat and a runny nose. She wouldn't eat anything for tea last night and wouldn't drink either so had to keep giving her glasses of squash to drink until she went to bed. She seemed fine this morning, atleast no temp and she insisted on going to school.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #6

Well - it's cold and bright here. I just can't get my bones warm - roll on sunshine and summer I wish I could just wake up in the morning full of energy and verve but I just can't seem to get myself moving at all these days Must be an age thing!

Domi is right as rain today - infact he was being his usual uber-difficult self this morning. Brush your teeth - no. Brush your hair - no. Eat your breakfast - no. Get dressed - no. Put your coat on - no.

Get my drift - yes? I think he's inherited his Mummy's ' contrary' gene

Catsey Veteran

24-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Domi is right as rain today - infact he was being his usual uber-difficult self this morning. Brush your teeth - no. Brush your hair - no. Eat your breakfast - no. Get dressed - no. Put your coat on - no.
i remember that! When his language gets a little more sophisticated you can move onto 'can you say yes?' - no, 'are you a contrary soul?' - no, 'do you want to do everything you can to go against what mummy says?' - ummmm, no, etc etc. It can be good fun, gets their little brains ticking and can help defuse a frustrating situation.
Glad he's OK after his disagreement with the gym equipment!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #8

Yes DM - I usually use irony as a useful difuser of tricky situations! It'd be good when I can start word-play with him and tie him in knots a little - now I just have to take a deep breath and if all else fails; yell at him and take his teddies away!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #9

Well I feel rubbish, been to the Doctors and have apparently got an inner ear infection and a septic throat and he says I have had a viral chest infection, which is well on the way to clearing.

Got antibiotics for the throat (I think) and I have been given drops for my ear, and told to take a week off work will give it a few days and if I am feeling better I will go back to work hate being stuck at home. especially if I can't take the girls out etc

So back off to the sofa to stay warm, and watch the telly.

Oh and meant to say the weather is perfect dog walking weather too, bright and crisp.

Catsey Veteran

24-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #10

Get well soon Kazz!