Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #1

Downsizing - car wise.

Well I have no need for a big car, now working about 3 minute walk from home . So I am considering changing to a smaller oneat the moment I have a V reg Rover 25 which I do like.
The "girls" are quite happy to travel on the back seat in their harness's/seat belts.
So I am looking for a small car not titchy. I like the look of the Ford KA and the Micra, but considering the Jeeps not sure something, if you have a small car which do you have or which would you reccommend?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #2

Re: Downsizing - car wise.

We've had the jeep conversation Kazz and I've told you the downsides. However, if you wouldn't be going long distances or wanting great speed, then a jeep with the top off is just the best fun! Your girls would love it, strapped in the back with the wind blowing through their ears!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #3

When my Saab convertible got it's roof slashed several years ago (twice) I had both a micra and a Ka at different times as a courtesy car whilst it was being repaired. I hated the Micra as I found it vague and tinny. On the other hand the Ka was well built, stylish and could hold 100mph on the motorway no problemo.

I'm not a great fan of little cars but if I was in a position where I needed one it would not hesitate with a Ka.

Jeep? No experience personally but have heard not very good things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #4

I have a 1.3 Yaris as my company car, it is great very roomy inside, easy to park, fairly nippy, fuel consumption is great. I would recommend one

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #5

Oh and don't forget Toyotas are very very very reliable, we had an Aston Martin mechanic working on our 3 litre Supra and he raved on about how well made it was (he was doing some bodywork and a respray for us)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #6

I've heard good things about the Yaris too, but haven't driven

Catsey Veteran

20-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #7

I believe they are one of the safest small cars if you have an accident as well. We have three of them at work, had them now for 3 years none of them have had a problem.

You can get a lot in them for a small car, the back seats actually move forward as well as tilt down, I have managed to get a freezer in mine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #8

When I was looking especially for a small town car my brother (AA man and mechanic) told me to go for a Toyota. Did look at the Yaris, but everybody laughed at me so didnt buy one. Still like them now. Ended up with a peugeot 206 which I also like a lot. Very popular car at the mo tho so hundreds on the road!