Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
04-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #1

for kay re: royal canin 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
Glad you are feeling better Deester and that your mum is doing well. Hope all goes well with the biopsy. How are the cats getting on with Royal Canin 33? One of the kittens Tilly had last year had to be put on it and he is doing really well now... a little too well in fact!!!
have found the royal canin sensible 33 to be exellent right from the start the improvement is amazing. it seems to suit them all and they really like it too. have also found a good supplier petfoodsnstuff sell a 10kg bag for 30.99 +2.99 p&p which is the cheapest ive seen it and theyre sevice is exellent, you order it online and don't pay untill its been delivered.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
04-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #2

Re: for kay re: royal canin 33

I feed sensible 33 and fit 32, its an excellent food. I bought Wiggy a bag of the kitten food and he wont touch it! Ferret likes it though. I get it wholesale price but would still pay shop price because of its quality.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-01-2006, 11:50 PM   #3

I've fed Royal Canin persian mix since Fifi and Balie were about 9 months old. Have had little to no problem with the food and have not really needed to supplement it apart from treats . . . they seemed to take to it right away.

I was told Darcy only ate one of the Iams biscuits, but I just gave him the same as the other 2 and he took to it no problemo.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-01-2006, 12:21 AM   #4

I have fed mine the Royal Canin sensible 33 for several years now, and have never found anything better. They all look good on it (although Sasha should definitely have the light variety!) and they all love it. I would totally recommend it to anyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-01-2006, 12:22 AM   #5

Why is this food so special compared to anything else you can buy? Is it meat or biscuits or both?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
05-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Why is this food so special compared to anything else you can buy? Is it meat or biscuits or both?
Royal canin is a dry food. It's a premium quality food & I think it's an excellent food for dogs & cats. We wean some of our pups onto it at work & find it fantastic food.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-01-2006, 12:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Royal canin is a dry food. It's a premium quality food & I think it's an excellent food for dogs & cats. We wean some of our pups onto it at work & find it fantastic food.
Thanks Smudgley!!

There is so much to learn about cats isnt there!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
05-01-2006, 02:21 AM   #8

i feed mine Royal Canin maine coon (i dont know what number it is) although they are both on Royal Canin kitten right now as Scarlott has decided that kitten food in nicer

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
05-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #9

Forgot to say - I have been on a one day Royal Canin seminar when somebody came to my place of work to explain about their products. The work they put behind the food & the research they do to get it right is unbelievable. They do foods in all lifestages from birth right through to elderly animals & they also take great care in ensuring the correct nutrients are in their food. They look at things like rapid growth (dogs!) ie a giant breed grows at a different rate to a large breed / small breed etc, so they take all this into consideration, their range of food is huge & I think the different growth rates is very important.
Not sure about breed specific foods though does a labrador really need "Royal canin labrador" & does a GSD need "Royal canin GSD" for a normal maintenance diet? When there is a perfectly good adult maintenance food is the same range.

Edit to add ~ I'm not knocking the breed specific foods, just wondering if they are the same as the maintenance food?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #10

Smudgely - not sure about dogs, but for cats breed-specific is relevant as some have different health issues from others; propensity to kidney disease, furball issues, potential heart weaknesses. This is especially for pedigrees.

Would there be the same types of problems with different dog breeds?