Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #1

Cat stress

The cats are fine, its me who's suffering LOL
Thought the start of the year was a good time to give up smoking, how wrong am I???
Yesterday my old boy, Winston was very restless and demanding, fine I coped with that and remained patient and gave him lots of cuddles etc.
At 6.30 this morning Winston decided to wake me by meowing sharply in my ear, followed by clawing at the bed covers. Just got him settled when there was a loud crash in the kitchen. Got up to investigate and found that Bernie had pulled the bin over. Cleaned that up and stumbled sleepily through the darkness to go back to bed when I stubbed my toe on the rocking chair. Hopped around cursing for a bit then stood in a lovely warm package left by Eva.
Its gonna be one of those days. Any one got a cigarette?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
02-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #2

Re: Cat stress

That made me laugh so much

don't ya just love cats

STAY AWAY from the cigarettes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #3

Sorry, but it is funny!!! Can just picture the scene so well. Hope you manage to stay calm and not give in!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #4

sorry for laughing but that was so funny

Good luck with quitting Elaine!! Boys mum, one of our other members has just given up very recently

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #5

I think I would go back to bed for the rest of the day!!

Catsey Veteran

02-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #6

I can see the funny side now but at the time....
Have taken to frantically cleaning the house and eating any time I am near the fridge, man am i going to be one well rounded individual. The money I save from quitting will be spent on very large items of clothing i think

Catsey Junior

02-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #7

Step away from the cigarette packet!

Sounds like a fun morning in your house

Catsey Veteran

02-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #8

FUN!!! Whats that???
I am like a bear with a sore head! Really need a fag!
Have 3 very beautifull sleeping kittys and boy would I love to poke 'em and keep them awake but ofcourse I wont.
Other half has ******ed off out, poor bloke got it in the neck as soon as he woke up.
Have cleaned the house from top to bottom and eaten almost all the contents of the fridge. What can i do now? Thought about taking a walk to the shops for some chocolate but will only come home with a packet of fags. Am slowly going insane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
02-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #9

when ever theres stress a ciggerette wont help,there stress is always gonna be there.(think about it) and i found sugar free smints are helping alot with cravings) and sugar free gum. go for a brisk walk,or if u get cravings wash your hands,cant smoke with wet hands can u?/ and try n get hold of a book,called giving up smoking by alan carr,the mans a genius.google his name n see what it says. talks to you dosent lecture you.
im on my 5th week now,and hubbys on 4thweek it get easier as each day comes along, trust me. deep breathing helps,and your doctors should run a 1 2 1 non smoking session for u,and u can get patches or gum on script, GOOD LUCK, pm me if u ever want to chat through the cravings.it will be worth it in the end the money ive saved ive bought 2 pairs of trainers,and a bottle of aftershave for charlie,plus a t-shirt n joggers

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #10

Elaine - they're just testing your resilience to your new resolution!!!!

Seriously - keep up the giving up you will feel SO much better within as week or 2 and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about with ciggies

The Alan Carr book really helped my brother (but he needs things like that to assist him - which is cool for him). I found just stopping did the trick . . . but I did have an incentive; found out I was pregnant - it was just over 3 years ago and I haven't even remotely WANTED one since, infact I'm the worst ex-smoker in the world now

I'm sure you can do it - just stick to your guns girl!!!