Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
26-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #1

Sox!!!

Well I think I've found Sox.

Saw a kitten exactly like him in the window of someone's flat this afternoon. I didn't knock the door or anythng cos I know they are old peoples flats. The cat was the spitting image of him and about the same size as Moli. If it was him, atleast he's in the warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #2

Re: Sox!!!

Wow!!!!!

...............................so what will you do? Dilemma...............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #3

Nae . . . if it is Soz; he's YOUR cat. And although someone might have taken him in thinking he's a stray you have every right to ask for him back. Thing is - how do you prove it's Sox???

Tricky one . . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #4

Okay if they are old people's flats ask the warden, I don'tthink given his age Iwould ask for him back I'd be happy he is content happy and most probably loved to death,But the choice is yours.

I think I'd check he's alright, will be kept forever and then leave it at that.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

26-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Okay if they are old people's flats ask the warden, I don'tthink given his age Iwould ask for him back I'd be happy he is content happy and most probably loved to death,But the choice is yours.

I think I'd check he's alright, will be kept forever and then leave it at that.

Karen
I'd do the same, get them to get his microchip re-assigned, and, if you want a second kit (I know you were thinking about it and the kids were asking) then I'd get one (another tom) mid-way through January, when the xmas excitement is over, you are back in routine, but Moli is still nice and young and will accept a playmate.

(PS - i would check that they want Sox, haven't just taken him to prevent him being on the street, but I expect he's loved to bits)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #6

That will be a hard one... I think I would see that he is ok, and perhaps let him new owners take care of him. A similar thing happened to my cat Lucy another person a couple of doors down started to feed her and she lived by herself so her house was very quiet whereas ours wasn't and I think Lucy liked the tranquility, I decided that if Lucy wanted to live there I would pay for the lady's cat food (she was elderly) but Lucy decided to come back.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #7

This could be awkward.....you say it is old people's flats, I think I would check how old the people are before you decide what to do. If it is Sox, remember that he has a good few years ahead of him, it would be awful if the person/s were unable to look after him in the near future

Catsey Veteran

26-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #8

[quote=Mags]This could be awkward.....you say it is old people's flats, I think I would check how old the people are before you decide what to do. If it is Sox, remember that he has a good few years ahead of him, it would be awful if the person/s were unable to look after him in the near future[/quote]

Oh yes - good point Mags. Mmmmm. Well you could offer to find them an older cat who needs a good home (through CP or something?) and try to get Sox back. Play the 'kids are crying, his sister is pining' card? Oh dear - your call

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #9

Tell you what ask them if they want to swop one kitten for one "ancient" cat I can box up either of my two and send them over.

Catsey Veteran

26-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Tell you what ask them if they want to swop one kitten for one "ancient" cat I can box up either of my two and send them over.
Nasty person! (not)