Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #1

For Yola (CP)

Hi Yola - I wondered which branch of CP you are connected with, just seen on your post that it's Reading. Are you a fosterer? I foster for Stourbridge & district CP.
Off to check out reading CP website.

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #2

Re: For Yola (CP)

great website.
I love the idea of cat cuddlers. I really need some cat cuddlers who could come & play with the kitties.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #3

Hi Smudgely . . . I don't foster but I carry out marketing, advertising and PR functions for Reading CP. This is what I do for a living so I use what I know to try and publicise their activities.

Sadly time is currently against me and I just am finding it difficult to fit in everything I want to . . . but our cat cuddling campaign was successful as it means cats have more human contact and can be homed more easily.

I need to get going on my feral-homing campaign . . . just havn't found the time yet!!

Stourbridge you say? I lived on Heath Lane and in Lye (Claycroft Place) when at college there (sadly the art school has now closed . . . ). Blimey it was 20 years ago and the road names came back to me like it was yesterday

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2005, 04:08 PM   #4

Oh I see you work for CP

I did wonder about trying to get one or 2 volunteers to come & spend some time with my lot when I'm at work, just for cuddles & quality time & so they can have a good old play. We have a double garage which is in the back drive (kind of in the back garden) & we use it as an office & a chill out area for the cats. I thought if I could get someone to come & play with the cats - they could take them in the chill out area & have fun, there's a TV in there & chairs too.
We have a similar thing for the puppys at work (I work for Guide Dogs) & the pups come into the Breeding centre for a couple of days when they leave their mom & we have volunteers that come & entertain the pups, we have a really good chill out area at work, carpeted, armchairs, TV etc.

Perhaps I should look into it for the cats too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-11-2005, 04:46 PM   #5

I think that's a great idea and if it works with the dogs I'm sure it'll do likewise for the cats!!

Go for it