Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #11

Re: Soaking wet Sunday

CM, Kazz, we had ....... drumroll ....... broiled crab cakes! She shops at the same Whole Foods I do and we both love them,. Also asparagus and a medley of roast peppers and potatoes, rolls and a chocolately little dessert called Mississippi Mud (also from Whole Foods) Martini beforehand and white wine with dinner. Lovely meal, lovely visit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #12

Afternoon, all.
Well, it's been a bit crazy around here. K's friend has been staying here this weekend to do odd jobs around our house that K can't do anymore (in trade for one of K's older cars). Then a young couple came over with their screaming baby to look at his tank; I was not happy about that but he claims he was half awake when he confirmed it on the phone with them His friend last night went up into the attic to loop some electric wiring and I could not believe it--He fell through our ceiling..right smack dab middle of the living room. I was seething. Also we were supposed to go to the grocery as we were low on food but instead K supervised him all day and I didn't eat my first meal till about 11pm. Had a can of chili with leftover stale chips that I stabbed at meaningfully until the counter shook. I think I scared him, he asked to sleep outside in the shop garage last night and he did. Woke up and his stuff is still here but he was sleeping in when he's supposed to do another day's work. Just as K got up he rushed out and started being very focused on cutting the blackberries. Whatever, it is a deal between them And the ceiling is patched though it looks ridiculous..sigh.
Hopefully today will be better as his friend is due to return home and K has promised me a store trip.
Have a good one, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #13

Update on Carrie,
some of you may remember that i took my friends elderly Cat Carrie to the vets last Friday, she had been doing an unusual cry and not eating very well. Just heard from Viv that Carrie passed away peacefully at home today.

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #14

Oh my, NOT a good visit at all! You'll be glad to see the back of him! And that's awful about the ceiling ... hope it can be fixed properly, and that you get a food run done. Try to relax with the furry ones..... (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

03-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #15

Shelley, so sorry to hear about Carrie. But peacefully at home is a good way to go. Run free at the Bridge, Carrie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Update on Carrie,
some of you may remember that i took my friends elderly Cat Carrie to the vets last Friday, she had been doing an unusual cry and not eating very well. Just heard from Viv that Carrie passed away peacefully at home today.
My sympathies to our friend and her family but what a lovely way for Carrie to die in her own home.