Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #11

Re: Please Take Care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I've learned something today..knew the 5th of November was Guy Fawkes Day, but had no idea it was so celebrated with fireworks, etc! And that explains the strange avatars tht Mags and Moli have...wondered what they were about . Have a safe one!
That's the man himself in my avatar Eileen! The 5th of November is quite a big thing over here. Unfortunately, over the last few years it has got a bit out of hand...... years ago we used to have civilised bonfire parties for the children who used to make a guy which was put on top of the bonfire to burn. Today there are lots of organised firework events which are good but you always seem to get the trouble makers who would rather throw their fireworks around the streets frightening everyone. Also Bonfire Night used to be celebrated on the 5th Nov only......nowadays it seems to start weeks before and carry on after too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #12

A bit too much of a good thing, eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #13

When do you have fireworks DM??

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 10:57 PM   #14

Independence Day...Fourth of July! Some places regularly on New Years Eve, occasionally in Memorial Day also. In 1976 our 200th anniversary New York went wild, it was the most astonishing display I'd ever seen, even though I only saw it on TV. Love firework displays; when I bought my house in 1965 I could see the fireworks from the Mall from my upstairs window! But the trees have all grown too high now, alas!

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #15

I used to love fireworks, but one of my dogs spends days freaking out because of them, so really hate them now!!!

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #16

None of my cats have ever paid the slightest attention to them, even when some of the neighbors across the street set them off...but my Siamese was terrifed of thunder..... The nurse in the Doctors' office where I worked had a cockapoo who was so afraid of thunder that she had to give him a tranquilizer....

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #17

Quote:
None of my cats have ever paid the slightest attention to them, even when some of the neighbors across the street set them off...but my Siamese was terrifed of thunder..... The nurse in the Doctors' office where I worked had a cockapoo who was so afraid of thunder that she had to give him a tranquilizer....
I have Gypsy on a natural supplement which is supposed to calm her, she has been on them for 2 weeks....Did want to give her drugs...

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #18

I'm not in favor of drugging animals either; but if you knew the nurse I worked with, you would understand why I didn;t argue with her,,,quite a formidable person....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #19

Well we are taking my OH's niece and newphew to a fireworks display tomorrow which should be good fun.

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 11:54 PM   #20

Quote:
I'm not in favor of drugging animals either; but if you knew the nurse I worked with, you would understand why I didn;t argue with her,,,quite a formidable person....
One of my vets is like that, is she says jump, I ask how high!!