Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
25-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #11

Re: Sunshiney Sat

Afternoon, all.
It has turned into a sunshine day at 77 degrees though there is wind and rain predicted to come in a few hours..I'd better run to the library when I can.
Woke to three very affectionate cats this morning, I love when they all feel that way at once. Lots of love for me
If spiders are outdoors I leave them be--but if they are inside I do try to do away with them as I have a fear that my animals will react badly to a bite, especially my ferrets. And it seems like whenever I let one pass inside, I have bad luck; call me superstitious.
There is an odd one though outside that is amusing me. Every night he makes his web just outside our front door and I accidentally walk through it and ruin it and he rushes up to the roof. Lately he has been making the web just above my height so he is learning but he still hasn't adjusted to K's height yet so I feel a little bad for him, making a whole new web each day; but he simply refuses to move location!
The old, tattered cat tree is going to have to go soon, I think. I was planning to buy new ones soon anyhow but I thought I could keep this old ratty one around in the meantime; but Sir Solomon is chewing it down to the wood and getting bits of wood off and I'm worried he might swallow them It was free and used when I got it so not a worry to me but I think they might be a bit cross with me if I remove it without a new one to replace it. Maybe it will just be a nice outside fixture for the neighborhood cats who stop by to drink from our pond....or kindle for the next bonfire?
Ended up doing more housework yesterday and today I really do intend to take it easy as I'm quite tuckered out; I think I did five or six loads of laundry in the last two days.
Have a good day, all

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short haired
25-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #12

We've just had the most glorious sunset......we're up quite high, so I can see over the rooftops, across the fields and hills, the whole window is filled with sky!...I do like watching the weather coming over - especially when it's stormy.

And my computer's right in front of the window.....so I watch the sunsets every evening

Scared stiff of spiders, but I've got a couple of bugcatchers, the ones with long handles and a compartment to trap them, then I let them out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #13

Tink, my gate in the fence had the lock broken ages ago, so I close it with a loop of wire that leaves a gap,of about 2" ... fir the last three days a spider has built a web right over it so I could not get in without knocking it down. I daresay it will be back tomorrow.

Did you see Calismum's new cat tree? I love that, but suspect HRH would not bother with it; she has never even used the compartment at the top pf her activity center ...

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #14

I've just checked the mail and my Medicare card has arrived; I have health insurance again, yipee!!!!
Isn't it funny how spiders choose odd spots like that? You think they would learn!
I did see CM's new tree; I'm wistful to get the ones I have on my wishlist--hope I can soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #15

Tink, i'm glad your medicare card has arrived. One good thing about England is we have the nhs.
Must admit Spiders scare me but i don't kill them. There are some realy big ones coming into the house at the moment, have to say Malaika did murder one the other night.
Sat on the settee with Jerry next to me and then Malaika. She thinks Jerrys slightly moving tail is fair game and went for a nibble. She then rolled over slightly looking all cute and pawed Jerry to play, needless to say he pawed right back but with all his claws out :O

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #16

Oh wow, Tink, the Medicare card came, super!! That is such good news.

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #17

It's such a relief to know I can be seen if something is ailing me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #18

That's really good news Tink.

I don't think we have any poisonous spiders in U.K. - I expect you do in U.S.A.??? That's not counting ones that hitch a lift in the banana bunches. I used to believe the brown bits on bananas was where spiders had walked over them!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #19

Yes, in this part of the country we have brown recluse spiders--which can be very serious if a human is bit--shudder to think what would happen if they bit my cats or ferrets

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #20

We have brown recluse spiders here too on my side of the continent, also the black widow ... both poisonous. Just those two, but while they're not poisonous I imagine a bite from one of those huge Orb spiders would be very painful.