Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #11

Re: Manx cat Monday

What a shame she has it too. Spotted really early though so fingers crossed it's not a heavy attack.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
19-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #12

Sorry to hear about Malaika developing CC.

Reasonable day being had here. Home early from work as I finished at 2pm. Nice! I have a conference from Thurs evening to Sat evening next weekend, so am hoping to take next Monday off...

Only bad point of the day was when I managed to knock a butter knife off of the kitchen counter while making a cup of tea this morning. knife managed to slice the bottom part of my nail, and caused rather a lot of blood about the place... Landed up being a case of wrapping some gauze around it, and using the micropore tape from the animal first aid kit I got for Cloud... It seems to have stopped bleeding, as long as I don't poke at it, and I think it seems healthy enough, though am going to have to be careful with it for the next little while I think... Will double check with parents this evening, but think I might just about have avoided a&e... would have to be paper stitches if they did anything beyond antib type stuff anyway, and I'm not sure that it's really big enough to warrant that!

Catch you all later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #13

Hi people; still gloomy and unseasonable here, haven't seen the sun in days. The persistent East wind is hanging tough. A quarter past 10 and only 17 C (63 F); well at least it's not raining! No news; have ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon (honestly, is there anything you can't buy there?!) that will be coming this week.

Ouch, Squirrel, that was nasty! Keep an eye on it. Shelley, sorry Malaika has KC now; hope you caught it in time; I like the Daily theme too. MrsH, I agree that's rather suspicious about the shower head, how's the new one working? Angie, sorry that persistent rash is still bothering you, and the feet too (((hugs))). Kazz, sounds a lovely dinner, but I'd have the egg scrambled; don't like fried! Enjoy work tonight.

Hope all goes well for everyone today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #14

Brrrrrr sounds cold Eileen, what have you ordered from amazon ?
Katy i hope your foot is ok, good job the knife didn't land on Cloud. I've done the same with knives but fortunately they have always just stuck in the floor

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #15

An odd miscellaney, Shelley: a pair of potholders and a thermometer (those are things I forgot to bring when I moved) a pair of grey sweatpants and a half case of my favorite Bloody Mary mix that's no longer available locally.

Remember way back when when Amazon sold ....... books?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #16

Goodness Squirrel, the damage a butter knife can cause, hope you're ok!

Been to the vets and asked him to check Morgan's anal glands while he was there for his booster, they were as I suspected very full poor boy He's not wheat intolerant fortunately so I think I'll bake him some nice wholemeal biscuits instead of the rice-based ones he's been having lately so he gets more fibre in his diet. It's the first time he's had a problem down there.

Eileen, talking about Amazon, I've just ordered some urine analysis test strips for Morgan so we can monitor his bladder health easily at home. They were much, much cheaper than buying them at the vet's or the chemist's. As you say, is there anything you can't get at Amazon?

Haven't tried out the shower personally yet but it worked when he tested it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #17

I am back from my appointment - which turned out to be a non-appointment, because I'd been booked in for an asthma check when I need a pulmonary check - so re-booked for 27th Sept for spirometry - which I don't like much! Bonus though, got my flu jab! Talked to the nurse about my rash - she said she's usually good at rashes but as it was a wasp that probably triggered it, I need to see a doctor! So another appointment booked for this Thursday at 8.50a.m. - only just about eyes opened time! May be good though because the rash always seems worst first thing in the morning before I've taken my antihistamine tablet.

So, mixed blessings.

OH has taken Monty out on his own because it's getting colder here and the wind has got up. I've stayed at home and have a nice cup of tea!

Sorry to hear about the butter knife Squirrel - do you mean it landed on one of your toes??? Wherever it landed, OUCH!

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #18

Eileen, it's amazing what you can get at amazon isn't it. I've had books, music, garden netting and trainers,lol
Angie glad you have an appointment to hopefuly give you some answers re your rash

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #19

MrsH,
poor Morgan, bet he feels better now

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #20

The thing I like about Amazon, as well as the excellent variety, is that their prices are competitive and that with the Amazon Prime there are no shipping charges for most purchases, making them a good deal! And you cannot beat the 2 day delivery.

Angie, hope the rash can be sorted, good luck! Yes, poor Morgan .....