Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #21

Re: Soft Claws vinyl Nail Caps.

deleted.............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
01-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #22

Yokitty, I am a little confused, in your profile you say you are male, but you sign "Alison" ??
Dawn.

Cats owned: black n white moggy
01-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #23

Hi Dawn, contary to what you might think, Im not getting commision ( Although it woul dbe nice )
I was searching the net about this product I found a mention on it here with some posts about rehoming.
I wanted to find out if this product was used outside of the veternary market as it has helped many of our clients.
I was going to report back to teh head surgeon who was thinking of stocking the products instead of ordering them in as a special order.

It is something I think more poeple should be aware of if they are considering rehoming - nothing else.

why are people always nasty to newbies

btw My cats a male? I must have made a mistake.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #24

Yokitty, I'm sorry if you think we were being "nasty" to you! You posted something that you thought would be interesting and helpful...it just so happens that most of us do not feel that this product is something we would want to use, and maybe expressed ourselves a bit too strongly. Everyone has a right to her/his opinion; I hope you'll continue on in the Forum! No hard feelings...??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
01-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokitty
Hi Dawn, contary to what you might think, Im not getting commision ( Although it woul dbe nice )
I was searching the net about this product I found a mention on it here with some posts about rehoming.
I wanted to find out if this product was used outside of the veternary market as it has helped many of our clients.
I was going to report back to teh head surgeon who was thinking of stocking the products instead of ordering them in as a special order.

It is something I think more poeple should be aware of if they are considering rehoming - nothing else.

why are people always nasty to newbies

btw My cats a male? I must have made a mistake.
Not nasty, just very curious as to why a "newbie" wouldnt even introcuce themselves or their pets, but come straight on advocating a fantastic product! little sus dont you think?

Anyways, tell us about yourself and your cat, you'll see we are a friendly bunch

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #26

Shouldnt people be considering ALL of a cats attributes BEFORE getting one?
My biggest problem is that it has been my experience that people DONT try to encourage their cats to use scratch posts and in some cases wont even spend the money on them. Many people, present company excluded, have no interest or commitment to understanding and working with their animals in order to better their relationship with them.
Its my personal opinion that these people who are putting their cats up for rehoming are mostly lazy and not interested in learning , growing and accepting their pet for what it is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #27

Well put, Elaine!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
02-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #28

I don't think its right what they are used for but have to admit they look pretty cool!!

__Tom

Cats owned: black n white moggy
02-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #29

Thankyou everyone. I did feel a little unwelcomed here.
Im Alison from Enfield in North London, Ive been working as a junior nurse for almost a year now at a local practice. Animals have always been my passion. I ve owned several pets before deciding I should give a friends kitten a good home. Id always had small animals - terripins, hamsters, tropical fish - so getting a cat was always going to be difficult as I lived with my parents. Thankfully she was mostly fine and didnt present much trouble, well until me and my b.f moved into a flat.
Anyhow it seems you all are a nice bunch, a little harsh at times

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #30

Hi Alison - you're very welcome here! We are friendly and seldom 'harsh'