Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
15-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #41

Re: Peapod's Kittens

Hi Sarah,

I have replied to your other thread and have emailed you.

I'm so sorry to hear about the kittens and I know exactly how you must be feeling as I went through the same thing with Abi in November. She had 5 kittens, 2 were stillborn and the other 3 died within the first 3 days of life. I was handfeeding them too and living like a zombie for 3 days, but it didn't save them. You can't blame yourself though. It's really tough, but it is natures way.

Please keep us posted on the last little survivor.

Lots of love and hugs
xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #42

Sarah - how truly upsetting for you. I can't imaging how painful this is - to watch those little helpless thing just fade away.

I so hope that the last kitten manages to pull through, but please, please don't blame yourself . . . if it isn't meant to be then it just isn't meant to be and it is completely outside of your control.

Hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
15-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #43

Oh I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. (((((((((())))))) hugs

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
15-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #44

Sorry to hear about the kittens hope the last little one pulls through.

Sally

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
15-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #45

So sorry to hear this Sarah, sometimes these things just happen, so please don't blame yourself. Fingers crossed for the little one.

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Sammy.xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
15-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #46

Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear about the other 2 kittens I hope this little fighter pulls through sending out healing prayers for the little one...

(((((hugs))))) xxxxxxxxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
15-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #47

Well i have a more positive update for you all now
I have found the little kittie a foster mummy in the shape of a british shorthair. Her breeder didnt hesitate to say bring her over. So off we went to Barnsley with kittie wrapped in blankets on a hot water bottle.
Nala (mummy cat) took to her straight away and started cleaning her etc. We squeezed mums nipple and kittie latched on straight away and suckled for all she was worth. That was at 12 noon today.
Rang again at 6pm and kittie is laid on heat pad with mummy and foster brothers and sister with a big fat belly looking very content and she hadnt been helped to latch on since just after lunch time so it seems she did it herself. Our only concern is that the other babies are real big chunky monkeys never seen kittens so big at 8 days that they might push her off the teats but she seems to be holding her own. If she makes it through the night with no supplement feeding we might be on our way to recovery. I know its a long road but it seems like we have finally set off on our journey.
Thank you for all your kind words and support it has truly helped to keep me sane.
One last request and that is can we send positive healing and strengthening vibes to Barnsley for kittie and help make her strong.
Might need to think of a very appropriate name for her if she makes it as i doubt she will be going to a new home lol

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #48

Oh that is good to hear Sarah!! I'm sending LOADS of positive vibes and healing prayers that little ones way! As for a name, what about Faith?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #49

or Hope??????

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
15-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #50

they are both lovely names alex was thinking even Miracle lol but not a good name for a kittie.
Hmmmm maybe a new thread in the making once kittie is out of the woods a suitable name thread :')