Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #11

Re: What should I do ? New kittens ill

There seem to be a lot of get-rich-quick merchants in animal breeding l-p-s . Yours isn't the first tale like this on the forum, don't suppose it will be the last. It's awful to think that they are happy to cheat the purchasers and to risk the health of the animals they cause to be brought into the world. . She's got your money (quite a lot of money too, I suspect) and now she doesn't care.
The vaccination muddle/con is awful. Are your babies not microchipped either?
Anyway, they're yours now and you can make sure they get over this so-so start and grow into happy, healthy, cats.
Speak to your vet about the whole shebang and take his/her advice about how to go forward. Maybe vaxx & worming for both, maybe something else.
Good luck and please stick around and let us see how your fur-babes get on.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #12

I can't add anything to the great advice you have already received above ........just hope your babies will soon be better and you can start enjoying them..

Welcome to Catsey ......... good luck and I hope you will keep us updated as to their progress..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #13

Just a thought. On the vacc card there should be an address or phone number of the vet that was used. You could phone and explain that there seem's to be a mix up as there is only one rcorded vaccination. See what they say.

If you really do feel you have to report this person then do so. It may help future kittens.

When I got my little bengal the house was filthy! To be honest I didn't take my daughter in the second time as she asked what the smell was, it was so disgusting and Moli will vouch for me as she was there.
I know people complained. It hasnt stopped her as she now breeds another breed of cat but doesn't breed bengals anymore.
Your breeder is the kind that gives the rest a bad name.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
25-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #14

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with a breeder, it really annoys me. Bengals however are known for having sensitive tums, and moving in general can cause a slight tummy upset. I personally wouldn't put them back on Whiskas (although you do need to do any food swapping slowly), and am surprised a Bengal breeder would feed it to be honest. I have known of Bengals having to have sensitive food up until the age of 1 because of a sensitive tum.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
25-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #15

sorry to hear about this

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #16

What a terrible experience for you Are they sneezing at all? Have a look at both their tongues, have they any sore red areas on them?

I do hope they pick up quickly and you can start to enjoy your new furbabies x

Cats owned: Bengal
27-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #17

Hi
Thanks for all of your replys. We took the kittens back to the vets today for their check up. It turns out the other kitten now has the eye infection . The vet said the infection had not gone in the other kitten and he said they are very sick kittens. As a result of this he tested them for feline aids and leukemia which have come back negative and we have to wait 14 days for the results of herpes and chlamydia. The vet also said they have ear mites, and one of the kittens has a slight heart murmer.
These poor kittens now have to continue with eye drops twice a day and tablet antibiotic for ten days , aswell as being sedated and having blood tests , skin, mouth and eye swabs today. I rang the breeder and she was very defensive and said they werent ill when she sold them and she had treated them for ear mites and worms basically our vet didnt know what he was talking about !?!
The breeders answer to it all was for us to give her the kittens back her vet would cure them and then she will resell them. Obviously we will not be giving them back.All we can do now is await the test results......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
27-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #18

I'm so sorry to be reading this. I really do hope your babies make a full and speedy recovery.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
27-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #19

Oh dear, I'm sorry about the problems you're having. The breeder doesn't seem at all helpful (that's me being generous!) Hope everything is okay when the test results come back.

Cats owned: 1 silver and 1 brown bengal
16-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #20

Hi, I cannot believe what I have just read, my 2 bengals kittens have had exactly the same health problems,they are both improving slowly on Natures Menu kitten food and Royal Canin kitten dry food, and nothing else !!!! the conjuncivitus has cleared up in one (he has now got a runny nose and sneezing) but now the younger one has a runny eye, she is so skittish I am unable to adminster the eye cream, the only time we tried she scratched us both badly and weed on my husbands lap, poor girl ! Best of luck

Sue x