Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-10-2007, 09:19 PM   #11

Re: Bad Breath - Help!

Welcome to Catsey! Hope the carrier isn't too much of a struggle; do let us know the report. And pics of your two would be nice......

Cats owned: 1 tabby and 1 ginger/white moggy
13-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #12

Hello all,

Just thought I'd give you a quick update - sorry it's taken me a while. Been to the vets twice now - first week they gave him an anti-inflammatory as his gums were a bit swollen and then I had to book him in for a teeth clean and anti-biotic. He's back home and all fine now (has even forgiven us for putting him in the carrier two weeks in a row!) - haven't had a chance to sniff his breath yet though!

The good thing is that, although he had plaque, the teeth themselves are fine according to the vet. I'm going to look into getting some of the toothpaste and see if I can get the cats to try it (strangely my vet didn't mention it at all).

Thanks again for all your advice (and piccies of them will be going up soon).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
13-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #13

That's great news Sarah If they don't take to the toothpaste look at getting the Plaque-off that has been recommended by several people

Glad your boy got through it all OK

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
17-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #14

Glad it went well at the vets. Welcome to catsey and I hope that the bad breath is cured now.
Sally