Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #21

Re: Another dog attack hits the news

I'm afraid that all the Staffie's I know are really nasty and would kill other dogs/cats I have no good experiences of staffies at all Staffie crosses or not they have those Staffie traits I'm afraid

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #22

Its very unfortunate you do not know any nice Staffies PK, my girls would not hurt a fly, yes some are dog aggressive, but not all of them...

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Its very unfortunate you do not know any nice Staffies PK, my girls would not hurt a fly, yes some are dog aggressive, but not all of them...
Yes it is a shame I don't have any good experiences but I don't and i know a few. Even at the vets yesterday when I took Mil for speying, a staffie owner was asked by staff to remove their dog and wait outside as it was positively desperate to attack other dogs in the surgery

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Yes it is a shame I don't have any good experiences but I don't and i know a few. Even at the vets yesterday when I took Mil for speying, a staffie owner was asked by staff to remove their dog and wait outside as it was positively desperate to attack other dogs in the surgery
She should not have been in the waiting room with a dog like that..

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #25

Hubby and I were talking about this story tonight and even he, macho man, said he wouldn't trust his mother's Staffie. I certainly wouldn't trust her round my children let alone my pets. She has been in court because her Staffie attacked another dog and caught a child in a pram in the process Mil is lucky she still has that dog, I feel everyone else in the community is very unlucky and that she should have been pts. I just don't do aggresive dogs at all, I'm sorry but there is no excuse of risk to life from attack be it human or animal..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
28-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #26

Smudgley, Fran and I have both read the same news and this is it. It clearly states she saw them clear her gate and that she knew what type of dog they were.

'The family pet called Gizmo was set upon in the garden in Harborne, Birmingham, on Wednesday evening.
Carole Bishop said her pet was found decapitated after what she described as two Staffordshire bull terriers jumped her fence.
'Like a toy'
Ms Bishop said her pet had been in the garden.
"They cleared my garden gate, jumped in and massacred my dog," she said.
"He was 15, he had cataracts and hardly any teeth. "What chance would he have stood against those big animals, they threw him around like a toy."

Could be the media have got wires crossed it has been known.

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #27

I would certainly not keep a dog like that...My girls were trained and socialized from day one, they are determined dogs, and initially you have to keep on top of them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
Smudgley, Fran and I have both read the same news and this is it. It clearly states she saw them clear her gate and that she knew what type of dog they were. Where does it clearly say that?

'The family pet called Gizmo was set upon in the garden in Harborne, Birmingham, on Wednesday evening.
Carole Bishop said her pet was found decapitated after what she described as two Staffordshire bull terriers jumped her fence.
'Like a toy'
Ms Bishop said her pet had been in the garden.
"They cleared my garden gate, jumped in and massacred my dog," she said.
"He was 15, he had cataracts and hardly any teeth. "What chance would he have stood against those big animals, they threw him around like a toy."

Could be the media have got wires crossed it has been known.
If you talk about the bit sying they threw him around like a toy, then obviously they did - if he was in the state they say he was.

It says they cleared the gate. It doesn't say she saw them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
29-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #29

How would she know that they had cleared her garden gate if she hadn't seen them?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
29-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
From what I understand, the son got home at 3pm and the poodle was dead in the garden, but the 2 other dogs were there too. One in the house, one in the garden.
Ahh ok, thats explains it.

Closed Thread