Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
28-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #11

Re: Another dog attack hits the news

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Noone was in. I heard the owner of the poodle being interviewed on Radio WM (local radio) early this morning and she said they leave the dog at home all day with the back door open. The son found him when he got home at 3pm.
Of course the owners of the staffy x's were in the wrong. And your right that you would assume your dogs were safe from other dogs in your own garden, but i still think it's irresponsible to leave a dog unsupervised in a garden like that when you are out.
Especially a 15yr old dog, and from what I gather, a very low fence that would allow a healthy dog easy access.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #12

Quite a lot of people have dog flaps and allow their dogs ad-lib access to the garden. No, I don't think there is anything wrong or irresponsible about this as long as your dog is not able to get out of your garden. It's the owners of the staffies that have been irresponsible in my book there are obviously discrepencies in this story as what you are saying you heard on the radio does not match the story on the BBC news website nor the other news story I heard about it today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Quite a lot of people have dog flaps and allow their dogs ad-lib access to the garden. No, I don't think there is anything wrong or irresponsible about this as long as your dog is not able to get out of your garden. It's the owners of the staffies that have been irresponsible in my book That is what I said too there are obviously discrepencies in this story as what you are saying you heard on the radio does not match the story on the BBC news website nor the other news story I heard about it today
Don't know what you heard, but I definitly (can never spell that bloomin' word) heard the owner of the poodle on the radio at 6.45am she was on for quite a length of time & clearly said the dog was on his own all day & the son found it dead in the garden when he got home. Which is really sad & I feel very sorry this happened & feel sorry for the poor dog, but I still think that people who leave their dogs in the garden (dog flap / door open / other) are not very resposible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
28-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #14

From reading the BBC news website the owners were at home as it happened in the evening and the lady saw the two dogs clear her garden fence and it was her that described the dogs. She could hardly have done this if she wasn't there. I would like to think that an animal is safe in its own enclosed gardens and the owners are definitely in the wrong allowing their dogs to run free. I agree with you on this Fran.
I feel it is such a shame that such owners are yet again giving a breed a bad name. All the Staffies I know are absolutely gorgeous natured.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #15

See I disagree, yes they risk their dog being stolen and they take that risk but they should never have the worry of someone else's killer dog invading/trespassing their property

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
From reading the BBC news website the owners were at home as it happened in the evening and the lady saw the two dogs clear her garden fence and it was her that described the dogs. She could hardly have done this if she wasn't there. I would like to think that an animal is safe in its own enclosed gardens and the owners are definitely in the wrong allowing their dogs to run free. I agree with you on this Fran.
I feel it is such a shame that such owners are yet again giving a breed a bad name. All the Staffies I know are absolutely gorgeous natured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
See I disagree, yes they risk their dog being stolen and they take that risk but they should never have the worry of someone else's killer dog invading/trespassing their property
Whatever...

I won't keep repeatng myelf.

The family pet called Gizmo was set upon in the garden in Harborne, Birmingham, on Wednesday evening. Carole Bishop said her pet was found decapitated after what she described as two Staffordshire bull terriers jumped her fence.

Where in that sentence does it say she was there?

I heard the lady herself say noone was in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
I feel so sorry for ther family and the dog, but wish so much the news reports would get it right, they were Staffy x's.....As you say Kay once again irresponsible owners have given Staffs a bad name...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
28-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #18

So how do they know what Dogs attacked hers then if nobody saw them?

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I feel so sorry for ther family and the dog, but wish so much the news reports would get it right, they were Staffy x's.....As you say Kay once again irresponsible owners have given Staffs a bad name...
thankyou Moli. As I said earlier, they were staffy crosses!

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
So how do they know what Dogs attacked hers then if nobody saw them?
From what I understand, the son got home at 3pm and the poodle was dead in the garden, but the 2 other dogs were there too. One in the house, one in the garden.

Closed Thread