Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #11

Re: Tuesday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Glad you won't get the ice Eileen - I only heard about ice storms a few years ago, in a film. There are some wonderful photos around of the effects, but it's something that thankfully we don't get here. Glad that you are snug at home and stocked up. Would you be OK for food if you couldn't get out for a while?

It was bright here to start, but cold, only 3 - OH went off to play golf and now he's home, he said he made the 15th before it started to rain. The computer tells me it's 9 now, but it feels as if the temperature is dropping. OH has lit the fire and I've put the heating on.

Kizzy and Pip were so funny playing with the tunnel this afternoon - they keep me amused when I'm MIL sitting. I just wish I had a camcorder - and I don't think that Santa is going to get me one either! That is the best toy they have and they play with it every day.

Keep warm and dry and safe everyone.
No worry, Angie, I could probably make it for a month if necessary! Larder well stocked with pasta, rice, beans, broth, tuna, canned tomatoes; freezer chock full of frozen stuff. Fresh fruit, vegetables, milk and juice would be low after a week; but even the worst blizzard would be over and streets open by then. And lots of wine and booze! Leia'd be OK too. My mom liked to shop daily for fruit, vegetables and meat, but was a firm believer in having a very well stocked pantry .... just in case!

I regretfully binned Leia's tunnel last week. She's persisted in sitting on the outside of it, flattening it so it was completely unusable as a tunnel. I tried stuffing it with crumpled up newspapers for a while to restore the shape, but didn't work ... too far gone.