Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #11

Re: Strawberry Sunday

Wow, great pics CS

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
evening all, back from the Northern Basenji society dog show. We don't show but took the dogs to see their breeders and relatives. Malaika was presented with two rosettes for doing her bronze and silver good citizenship.
Malaika was a bit grumpy for some reason and had to go have a lie down in the car She was much better after and met with two of her sisters and brother as well as various half siblings and dad. Kwame met his half brother and mum and was attacked by both :O He certainly recognised his breeder and was very excited to see her.
The only bad bit was a remark i overheard about us. Another breeder asked Kwame's breeder if we were going to show him, when she replied no i heard her say loudly "What a waste !" I replied no it's not he has a great home but wish realy i'd thought of something better to say .

I think your reply was perfect, showing is only a small percentage of life and a good home far outweighs a few shows.

But you could have said "B*gger *ff" obviously you are more refined than me.I might have pulled my tongue out too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #13

Cats Staff what a superb way to spend a day.

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I think your reply was perfect, showing is only a small percentage of life and a good home far outweighs a few shows.

But you could have said "B*gger *ff" obviously you are more refined than me.I might have pulled my tongue out too.
She deserved for me to say something stronger to be honest, i wish Kwame's breeder had said something.
I bet our dogs have a much better life than hers anyway but i wouldn't be so rude to say anything to her. Hope she gets a great big boil on the end of her nose

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #15

CS, loved the pics! Shelley, Kwame may be a great specimen of his breed but not everyone is into showing, as that rude woman should know, he has a happy loving home which I'm sure he'd prefer if he had a choice!

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #16

thanks Eileen and Karen, it did upset me as well as making me mad.

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #17

"Consider the source", as they used to tell us in school when someone made an unkind remark .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #18

Now that I'm able to have a normal diet, I haven't made any vegetable soup for the last 2 weeks. Today OH asked if I could please make some as he's really missed it lately! I thought he'd be getting sick of it Anyway,I made a big pot of it and it looks as though we're back to having it for lunch for the next few days at least. Oh well, it's cheap, healthy, low-fat and low calorie and to tell the truth we both still have a fair few pounds to shed

Morgan hasn't been getting groomed as much as usual lately so this morning I settled him on the table for a good "do". Poor lamb had developed a few knots but he was very patient and the detangler solution helped hugely, so he's now tidy again and more comfortable, fortunately I didn't have to resort to cutting any of the knots out, just teased them away.

Rotten cold, wet, windy day brrr! I'm tempted to put some heating on this evening!

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #19

MrsH it must be great to eat normally again! But that was a nice compliment to your cooking when OH asked for "more"!