Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
15-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #11

Re: Daily Shred-Wednesday

Thank you Emm, but unfortunately Ninja is already very antisocial. He acted like a feral cat when he first got here and only began to improve after a long time and a lot of patience. He won't allow himself to be picked up and his entry into the house is sporadic (although he always can, he mostly chooses to stay in the conservatory or the hallway/kitchen).

I'm going to discuss this with my partner and the people from the rescue and see if it's worth it traumatising him over it now or if we can wait until he's mellowed further without putting anything at great risk.

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #12

I have just rung the rescue asking for help, and explaining the situation and so forth. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and told me that I can in fact borrow a humane trap from them if I decide to go that route, but also said that she suspects it may not be worth it breaking the trust we've so carefully built up with him.

She will ring me back when she has some more info. I'm really loving my rescue right now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #13

Snoof - just a thought, in order to minimise the trauma to Ninja; I know it'll be more expensive, but would the vet consider making a house call to see Ninja in his own environment?

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #14

Yes Yola, I've rung and asked them about it and we'd be willing to pay the £30 surcharge. The problem is that even in the space we could realistically confine him to, he knows all the hiding places and some of them can neither be blocked off nor gotten to. We're also worried that it might compromise his sense of safety when he's in his safe place.

Humane trap is looking like the best option at the moment, but we'll see when I speak to the rescue again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
15-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #15

Good Afternoon everyone....am having a 'me' day today..no tutors and the house is silent as mum has gone to lunch with some maturer aunts (they would kill me for calling them that!)..so am having some me time..sitting listening to heaps of old cd's..and reflecting on times passed lol
Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #16

It has been a beautiful afternoon here and I have managed to transplant six trays of seedlings....I really like this time of the year when everything is starting to grow....Cassie has spent more time outdoors too, just laying in the sunshine!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #17

Weather has totally transformed here since morning. Bright, warm and sunny. Am home, having played with Domi in the garden for a bit. Painters are painting a rather awkward landing window, balancing on ladders laid across sloping roofs . . . just waiting for a yell followed by a crash. Have to say they're doing an excellent job!!

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #18

I've still not gotten a call back and the rescue close for the public at 3 every day, so I'm going to assume they've gotten drawn into something more pressing and will ring them again tomorrow. No big deal and fully understandable, but I am slightly disappointed that I didn't get a brilliant, glowingly excellent suggestion

I do know I would be able to borrow or rent a humane trap from them, and I think that may ultimately be the best solution as it would not cause him to get even more scared of his carrier (I would take him to the vet's and back inside the trap).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #19

Evening all

Just had to dodge some goats on the A120 on my way home, promptly phoned the local police station who said "not again" got put through to the control room, told them about it, they then put me on hold and then cut me off so hopefully they are going to do something about it, I would have stopped at the time if it was only a couple but there were at least 10 and I am not going to make a prat of myself trying to herd a family of goats I just hope they are all ok ..

Oh well not much planned for this evening, might just try and relax, no doubt nothing exciting on the goggle box

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #20

Evening all. Had one of those days...One of my Staff's Gypsy has been a little "B" all day....Going to pick up son, then spend the evening doing nothing!!!