PDA

View Full Version : Eileen (dandysmom)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mags
19-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I have just received an email from Eileen's next door neighbour to say Eileen is in hospital. No details given but I suspect it's to do with the difficulty she has been having with breathing lately.

Her neighbour also said they hope she will be released soon and he will send me updates on her condition.

Please everyone, Eileen can do with loads of your healing vibes and prayers right now.

Let's hope she will make a full recovery and be back with us very soon.

I will update you on any news I receive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mags40/Catsey%20graphic/getwellsoonE.jpg

Hope you'll be feeling better very soon, Eileen....

Sending you love and healing vibes.
xxx

Shelley123
19-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh my goodness, what a shock. I do hope she's alright. It sounds as if she's been realy struggling lately.
I assume the neighbour will take care of Leia.

Squirrel
19-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the update Mags. I was concerned when I noticed that she hadn't been about - have seen that she usually would be online and posting by about 4pm at latest. Was hoping it was something simple like internet/electricity problems.

Thoughts and prayers with you Eileen. *hugs* for while you're not well, and hope that this gets you on something far better medicine wise quicker than waiting for that appointment.

Velvet
19-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh gosh poor Eileen, i do hope she is ok. She must be poorly if shes in hospital. Healing vibes coming from us xx

Is there some way i wonder if we could send her some form of international get well card to let her know we are all thinking of her?

MrsH
19-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Poor Eileen, I hope she's already a lot more comfortable, she's been poorly for quite a while now hasn't she? Get Well Soon prayers are winging their way over to her!

Moli
19-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Very sad reading this...Hoping Eileen will be home and feeling better soon...

pamela81
19-03-2011, 09:39 PM
aww sorry to hear that eileen is in hospital, sending her warm thoughts from all of us xxx

Phoenix
19-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Eileen I hope you get better soon :( We miss you :(

lynz85
19-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Poor Eileen, lots of get well wishes coming from this end for her to get better soon x x

Kazz
19-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Thats terrible news I expect Carolyn is taking care of Leia. How nice of her neighbour to let us know. I am sure she is aware of our good wishes.

But anyhow Eileen get well soon. Karen

borderdawn
19-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Get well soon Eileen.

Mags
19-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Update: They are going to keep Eileen in hospital over night for tests.

Squirrel
19-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks Mags... They know on OFF?

Mags
19-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks Mags... They know on OFF?
Yes, Eileen has lots of friends on OFF so I've posted there as well ;)

Squirrel
19-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Yes, Eileen has lots of friends on OFF so I've posted there as well ;)

Good! Had thought you would, but just one of those things you never know... Worthwhile asking - though probably not needed this could be the time it is... ;)

angieh
19-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I am sending Get Well Soon wishes, as are Kizzy and Pip. I do hope that she can be given some better meds to help her - I knew she was struggling.

Mags
19-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Never be afraid to ask any questions ;)

Squirrel
19-03-2011, 11:18 PM
:D - collective responsibility in this case. It's always better to Know - and while they could come check, it's nice if we tell them. I guess, ultimately, that responsibility falls to you, but we can remember to ask... ANd round in circles my reasoning goes! :p

Mags
19-03-2011, 11:19 PM
:D - collective responsibility in this case. It's always better to Know - and while they could come check, it's nice if we tell them. I guess, ultimately, that responsibility falls to you, but we can remember to ask... ANd round in circles my reasoning goes! :p
My head has just stopped spinning!:lol:

angieh
19-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh gosh poor Eileen, i do hope she is ok. She must be poorly if shes in hospital. Healing vibes coming from us xx

Is there some way i wonder if we could send her some form of international get well card to let her know we are all thinking of her?

Mags - could we do something like this, or do you think it's best to wait until she's home again and send something then?

farthing
19-03-2011, 11:28 PM
I hope she is ok, she's such a supportive person on the forum. Best wishes Eileen.

Mags
19-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Mags - could we do something like this, or do you think it's best to wait until she's home again and send something then?
I have emailed her neighbour and asked him to mention to Eileen the next time he speaks to her, that all of us on Catsey send her our love and best wishes and hope she will be feeling better soon.

She is being kept in overnight for tests and her neighbour will let me know what is happening then. I have been trying to find out which hospital she is in.

Eileen will read all your messages here when she comes home and as we don't yet know how long Eileen will have to stay in, there is nothing we can do at the moment.:?

Tink
20-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Oh no!! How terribly scary. I really hope everything is going to be alright. Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers her way.
I imagine Leia is being cared for by her friend?

angieh
20-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Hoping for good news here.

Thanks Mags - I know you'll let us know as soon as you hear anything.

Elaine
20-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Just home for an hour and caught up with this, so sorry to hear that Eileen is in hospital and I wish her a very speedy recovery xxx
Lots of love and good wishes to you Eileen xxxx

babycakes
20-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Sorry to hear that you are ill DM
Wish you a speedy recovery and hope your feeling better soon xxxxx

Shelley123
20-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Hope your feeling much better soon Eileen, you are missed by all your friends on catsey xxxxxxx

Mags
20-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Sunday update: Eileen phoned her neighbour this morning and she will need to stay in hospital at least one more day/night for tests.

Hope you'll feel better soon, Eileen, we are all missing you. *hugs* xxx

Squirrel
20-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the update Mags...

Eileen... Sorry to hear that you're needing to stay in at least over night. Thoughts are with you as you go through these tests, and hope that you get out soon.

Lots of love and hugs coming to you and Leia.

Shelley123
20-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks very much for the update Mags

angieh
20-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks Mags - poor Eileen - I bet she's hating being in hospital. Any definite news on Leia?

alexgirl73
20-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh my! Haven't been on since yesterday, so completely missed this. Sending lots of healing vibes and best wishes for your swift recovery Eileen xxxx

Mags
20-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks Mags - poor Eileen - I bet she's hating being in hospital. Any definite news on Leia?
Nothing has been mentioned about Leia but I wouldn't put it past Eileen to have made arrangements with her friend Carolyn about looking after Leia before she went into hospital.

Elaine
20-03-2011, 06:42 PM
I am pretty sure that Eileen would have refused to go until she knew Leia was being catered for. I dont think we need worry about Leia too much other than I am sure she misses her mommy.
Eileen, look after yourself woman and get well again soon xxx

Squirrel
20-03-2011, 06:49 PM
I certainly agree with you on that one Elaine. Doubt Eileen would be willing to go in if she was to be left worrying about Leia fending for herself. Of course, am sure that she won't not worry about her, but that kind of worry is simply to be expected... Am sure Leia won't be her usual happy self while Eileen is away, but all that can be done to assure her comfort will have been done.

Kazz
20-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Eileen - "Hello" *wave* "get well soon woman, we all miss you"

Squirrel
20-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Hear hear!

Moli
20-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Hoping Eileen is home soon......

Mags
20-03-2011, 09:25 PM
More news from Eileen's neighbour .......

He has just got back from the hospital - "Eileen looks much better - she has nice color in her face - It looks like she will need to stay at least two more days - her friend Carolyn has picked up Leia and will cat sit at her house so Leia will not be alone."

Good news that Eileen looks better, she will be impatient to get home now :)

MrsH
20-03-2011, 09:29 PM
What good news :D thanks for the update!

Squirrel
20-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks Mags... So nice to be getting more news, and it be positive for teh mostparts.

Another 2 days seems long now, esp as it isnt a definite return date, but in other ways, it won't be long til she is back with us *thinks positively*.

Looking forwards to your being here as soon as you're well enough Eileen.

Mags
20-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Eileen is a very popular member here and I know our members worry about her when she isn't online at her usual times. When she gets around to reading your caring messages and good wishes I'm pretty sure she will have a lump in her throat! ;) Thank you everyone!

yola
20-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Oh my goodness!! I haven't been around for a couple of days . . . and logged on to this news. Eileen, please know your transatlantic friends are all wishing you the very best; a quick recovery to health and a quick return to home and to your Leia. Much love and hugs from me:bighug:

Moli
20-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Good to hear she is looking better.....hope all goes well, and she is back home with leia soon...

Shelley123
20-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank you for keeping us updated mags.

Squirrel
20-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Eileen is a very popular member here and I know our members worry about her when she isn't online at her usual times. When she gets around to reading your caring messages and good wishes I'm pretty sure she will have a lump in her throat! ;) Thank you everyone!

You've got that right Mags! Even as someone who doesn't know her as well as many of you, having not been round here long, I find myself worrying about her... Trying not to shout about it too much now though as I know others must know her far better than I do...

Kim
20-03-2011, 10:17 PM
I was the one who introduced Eileen to catsey as the other forum we were on closed down, so I feel I have 'known' Eilleen for many years. Get well soon Eileen, we are all thinking of you. ((hugs))

Mags
20-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I was the one who introduced Eileen to catsey as the other forum we were on closed down, so I feel I have 'known' Eilleen for many years. Get well soon Eileen, we are all thinking of you. ((hugs))
Yes Kim, Eileen has mentioned several times that is was through you that she joined Catsey. We have you to thank for her company!;)

No-one will believe this now but when Eileen first joined Catsey back in 2005, she was as quiet as a mouse ;) We soon brought her out of her shell though! I bet that will make her laugh when she reads this! :lol:

Squirrel
20-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Hmmm... Mags... are mice really that quiet? they make some racket when they scampering over your head I can tell you (this time last year I was awake late cause I heard them scampering about in the ceiling. Anyway, I ended up managing to catch one of them in my bare hands and 'evict' it...)

Perhaps, since she was brought out from her shell, she was as quiet as a tortoise???? :p

Sorry... couldn't resist... ;)

Mags
20-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Hmmm... Mags... are mice really that quiet? they make some racket when they scampering over your head I can tell you (this time last year I was awake late cause I heard them scampering about in the ceiling. Anyway, I ended up managing to catch one of them in my bare hands and 'evict' it...)

Perhaps, since she was brought out from her shell, she was as quiet as a tortoise???? :p

Sorry... couldn't resist... ;)
Very good! :lol:

pinklizzy
20-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Glad Eileen is feeling a bit brighter, hope she's home very soon xxx

angieh
20-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Very glad to hear that Eileen is looking better. Looking better and being told so are great for boosting "getting better". May you continue to feel better too Eileen! xxx

babycakes
20-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the update Mags.
Hope your home soon Eileen, Leia will be missing you and so are all of us here at catsey. Get well soon xxxxx

Tink
21-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Yay for Eileen!! I've been thinking of her and praying!

Phoenix
21-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Glad Eileen's feeling a bit better now :D

StrictMachine
21-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Oh my gosh, just seen this. Sending positive thoughts and hoping for a swift recovery to Eileen.

Velvet.Tears
21-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Feel better soon Eileen xx

Velvet
21-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Looking forward to chatting Eileen. Wishing you a speedy recovery. xx

calismum
21-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Just found this out - sending you big (((hugs))) and get well wishes.

I have been worried the last couple of weeks as you really weren't you usual self.

CM xx

Mags
22-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Monday update:

Christopher (neighbour) spoke with Eileen this evening - she will be in hospital for another two/three days for testing - she said that she is quite ready to go home and is looking forward to the conclusion of the tests.

It sounds like Eileen is feeling a lot better in herself which is a good sign, she has probably got Catsey withdrawal symptoms now! ;) :D

I am so grateful to Christopher for keeping us up to date with news of Eileen.

Tink
22-03-2011, 01:11 AM
That is great, Mags. Except poor Eileen, another few days? Hospitals are torture. She must be going mad. I hope someone has brought her some books!
Thanks for the update :D

Mags
22-03-2011, 01:20 AM
That is great, Mags. Except poor Eileen, another few days? Hospitals are torture. She must be going mad. I hope someone has brought her some books!
Thanks for the update :D
I hope she likes the food in there!

Hopefully she may have taken her Kindle into hospital with her...

Kazz
22-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Best place for her get all the tests out of the way and try to get some relief from the anemia.....then she will feel better.

Missing you Eileen but want you to be better.

Yes many thanks to Christopher for the updates.

Tink
22-03-2011, 01:40 AM
I hope she likes the food in there!

Hopefully she may have taken her Kindle into hospital with her...

Ah, good point. That'd help to keep her mind occupied.

lynz85
22-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Eileen is lucky to have such nice neighbours, sorry to hear she'll be in a few days but sounds like she is being well looked after. She'll be back on catsey in no time!

Velvet
22-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Bless her im sure she hates being cooped up in hospital away from Leia but best she gets made better. xx

Squirrel
22-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the update Mags and Christopher.

Eileen, am so sorry to hear you're being kept in another few days, but I do hope that the tests are concluded swiftly and without any problems. You already know how missed you are here, given the contact various people have had, and all that has gone before on the two threads... Hopefully by the time you see this you'll be feeling lots better and actually on medication which will help you!

Am sure it's being/been an utter nuisance (and pain) to have to be in hosp, but I do hope that the time in has given you what you need quicker than you might have got it otherwise.

Thoughts and prayers with you.

angieh
22-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Thinking of you Eileen - bet you are having major withdrawals from Catsey and OFF and expect you will be investing in a laptop as soon as you can!

I hope that Squirrel is right - "Am sure it's being/been an utter nuisance (and pain) to have to be in hosp, but I do hope that the time in has given you what you need quicker than you might have got it otherwise." and that any medication you are prescribed will work better than the inhalers the doctor prescribed.

I hope that you will be able to be back with us very soon.

Kazz
22-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Morning Eileen off to work shortly. Just popping on to say "Morning"

Kim
22-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Hope you aren't too bored, Eileen and are out in no time.

alexgirl73
22-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey Eileen, glad to hear you're feeling better in yourself, and hopefully that will translate into getting home soon. xx

Shelley123
22-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Thank you to Mags and Christopher for the updates.
Hope you are feeling more like, Eileen.
It's as well to get all the tests out of the way and get yourself sorted. Seems to me you were left struggling for far too long xx

Moli
22-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Good to hear Eileen is feeling.Looking forward to seeing her back with us.

Elaine
22-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanx for the update, get well Eileen, you are very much missed but as Kazz said we want you well. xxx

yola
23-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Still watching this space and hoping for an ASAP update from dear Eileen herself . . . c'mon girl; we MISS you!!!

Moli
23-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Looking forward to seeing you back Eileen..not the same without you...xx

calismum
23-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Missing you - hope to see you back soon.

((hugs))

CM xx

Squirrel
23-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Hey there Eileen... From the last update, am guessing we probably won't see you today. Am hoping that you're not going too stir crazy in the hosp, though I could see some version of cabin fever setting in now.

Thoughts are with you and Leia, hoping that all will be well for you getting out really really soon.

Elaine
23-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Morning Eileen, I hope you are feeling even better this morning, we hope to see you back on the board soon. Take care and stay well. xxxx

Kazz
23-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Ehhh Up...just popping on Morning Eileen, and to say I AM ON HOLIDAY!!!!! Yeah, going out into the garden starting its makeover.
Going for a meal with a friend Morag at 4.......a late lunch date so to speak. Will report back later. Hope you are feeling a little better reading this Eileen, and realise how much you are loved and missed.

See you later alligator. :)

MrsH
23-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Hope Eileen's very soon back in her own home, feeling on top of the world! We certainly miss her on here.

calismum
23-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Morning DM - sneaking on at work - absolutely forbidden to say hi. Gorgeous day here for a change, miss your chat and fun. I am always envious of the lovely sounding meals you prepare and am often inspired by what you are having, so I hope the hospital food is to your liking!!

CM xx

angieh
23-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Morning Eileen! I also hope that you are feeling loads better and hope to see you back here very soon. Kizzy and Pip send comforting purrrrrrs.

Shelley123
23-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Hope your much better soon, we miss you and Leia on here

lynz85
23-03-2011, 08:58 PM
hope your doing well eileen, get better soon so you can come and beat us all at the quiz!!

Squirrel
23-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Or at least, come that respectable 2nd, seeing that's your favourite outcome! :)

babycakes
23-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear you are going to be home soon DM. Hope everythings ok xxx

Velvet
23-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Evening Eileen I hope you had a better day today & feeling more like yourself. When I post in evenings you usually come along afterwards & post - am missing that!

Kazz
23-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to say I know Eileen is due to see the Doctor for the results following her tests which hopefully will establish the reason for her shortness of breath and anaemia. Eileen thinking of you, seriously my dear friend I wish you the very best.:bighug:

Shelley123
23-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to say I know Eileen is due to see the Doctor for the results following her tests which hopefully will establish the reason for her shortness of breath and anaemia. Eileen thinking of you, seriously my dear friend I wish you the very best.:bighug:

well put, Karen.
Yes Eileen,wishing you all the best and hoping your condition improves soon, then we can have you back xx

Moli
23-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the update Kazz....Sending hugs to you Eileen...xx

Squirrel
23-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Oh! Hope all goes well with that Eileen. Hopefully answers will be brought and help will be sorted for you. Definitely agree with all Kazz says here. :)

Squirrel
24-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Not too sure if we've rules as to 'spree-ing' here or not, but just thought I'd come say that seeing we've another new day here UK side, I'm hoping you're able to get home today Eileen.

Thoughts are with you regardless of the outcome. Feel better soon. :)

yola
24-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Hoping you return to your seat towards the top of the Catsey table soon . . . not the same here without you.

Do you think the docs will lend Eileen their PDA or mobile so she can quickly log on and say hi??? It'd be lovely to hear from her!

calismum
24-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi DM, hope you are one step closer today to being back with us.

CM xx

Kazz
24-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Evening Eileen,

Weather is beautiful here and on holiday for week .....yeah....working on the back garden. Missing you daily weather updates.......... ;)

Velvet
24-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Evening Eileen - missing you loads! Lovely sunny day here, you could almost believe summer was just round the corner :)

xx

Squirrel
26-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi Eileen... Well, it's Saturday now. Maybe today is the day that you'll be able to get home. Have no real idea how things are with you any more, or where in the welter of tests and trying to work out how best to help you they are. Am just hoping that an answer is somewhere round the corner, and you'll soon be fit enough to return home and take up the threads of your normal life...

As we've said before, you are much missed here, and we're looking forwards to the day you'll be able to join us again.

Elaine
26-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Morning Eileen, I do hope you are feeling better and will be back in the fold very very soon. The place has been empty without you.
The van is ready to set sail, we had to forego the life jackets in order to get Kazz on it. We have one inflatable dingy and 4 snorkels. I think all available seats and dog crates have been filled. Just hope the van can take the weight. Bernie wanted to tag along to give you a warm cuddle but he gets sea sick and I had to warn him that Leia might not take kindly to his arrival as she'll want her mom all to herself again.
I think that's enough drivvel from me at the moment. You take care xxx

Kazz
26-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Morning Eileen, I do hope you are feeling better and will be back in the fold very very soon. The place has been empty without you.
The van is ready to set sail, we had to forego the life jackets in order to get Kazz on it. We have one inflatable dingy and 4 snorkels. I think all available seats and dog crates have been filled. Just hope the van can take the weight. Bernie wanted to tag along to give you a warm cuddle but he gets sea sick and I had to warn him that Leia might not take kindly to his arrival as she'll want her mom all to herself again.
I think that's enough drivvel from me at the moment. You take care xxx
Eileen don't let her fool you, I am apparently on the roofrack!!!!!:shock: