PDA

View Full Version : Eileen (dandysmom)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Squirrel
26-03-2011, 10:32 AM
:lol:

Surely you can put up with a bit of discomfort to spend a bit of time with a friend Kazz?!? :p

Kazz
26-03-2011, 10:44 AM
:lol:

Surely you can put up with a bit of discomfort to spend a bit of time with a friend Kazz?!? :p

Small discomfort Yes no problem....North Atlantic then Atlantic ocean.........on the roof.......Hmmmmmmmm;) I can just see me becoming a bed and breakfast for passing seagulls:-D :-D :-D :-D

pinklizzy
26-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Kazz, I have a canoe that you are more than welcome to borrow for your voyage?!

Hope you are ok Eileen, looking forward to seeing the post to say you are back home with Leia.
xxx

Squirrel
26-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Small discomfort Yes no problem....North Atlantic then Atlantic ocean.........on the roof.......Hmmmmmmmm;) I can just see me becoming a bed and breakfast for passing seagulls:-D :-D :-D :-D

Hmmmm... well if you insist it's too much trouble! ;)

Can't really imagine a roof rack on top of a windy sea being the best mode of transport ever, no!!! :lol:

Elaine
26-03-2011, 01:23 PM
No no no, dont worry people, I have G working hard on transforming the van to make it comfortable for all, new duvets in the dog crates, two small sofas strapped to the roof rack with a canope on top and some plastic sheeting that can be rolled down to keep the wind and rain off.
No expense spared to keep my muckers happy and safe:lol:

Squirrel
26-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Oooh! Sounds like we're to be travelling in style Kazz! Think everyone will be able to cadge a lift with the Elaine-van-overseas-transport company soon! ;-)

angieh
26-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Whose going to be on the water skis behind???? Bagsy me!

Elaine
26-03-2011, 02:07 PM

Fill yer boots Angie:lol: it maybe a bumpy ride though, and are you sure your arms wont ache too much on arrival?:lol:

angieh
26-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Maybe others will want a go, so we can swop - good way to have a bit of a wash perhaps?

Squirrel
26-03-2011, 02:10 PM
You'll need to provide her with a safety line she can attach round her waist to take some of the strain off her arms Elaine! :)

Mags
26-03-2011, 02:20 PM
I will want a nice fluffy warm blanket over my knees if there is room for me, Elaine ......... it gets breezy in the middle of the ocean! I would also like some armbands please, as I can't swim! :-D

Moli
26-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I have bagged the front seat,the rest of you can have the dog cages in the back::

calismum
26-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Room for another? I love sailing - :D

Velvet
26-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I'll hitch a ride with a few seagulls across the Irish sea to join you. The gulls might even come in handy if the engine dies & theres no wind, im sure one of us could train them to pull us along - instead of shouting "mush mush" to dogs, we can shout it to the gulls :)

Afternoon Eileen - lovely & sunny here, sea very calm with just a hint of a ripple. Really hoping you get good news & home very soon

xx

Elaine
26-03-2011, 06:07 PM
With all the extras, I'm gonna have to get more boyancy aides fixed onto the van. Every one on a strict diet as we will need to watch the weights.:lol:

Kazz
26-03-2011, 06:10 PM

Fill yer boots Angie:lol: it maybe a bumpy ride though, and are you sure your arms wont ache too much on arrival?:lol:

Maybe others will want a go, so we can swop - good way to have a bit of a wash perhaps?

You'll need to provide her with a safety line she can attach round her waist to take some of the strain off her arms Elaine! :)

Now don't be silly Elaine G can easily hook up another armchair onto the water ski's...see when you get tired Angie you can have a sit down .........First class travel :-D :-D

Kazz
26-03-2011, 06:13 PM
With all the extras, I'm gonna have to get more boyancy aides fixed onto the van. Every one on a strict diet as we will need to watch the weights.:lol:

So would that be a SEAFOOD diet Elaine:smt047

And is there any chance of taking a matress or two with us I mean it seems silly not to have "water beds" while at sea. :)

Kazz
26-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Okay seems we are ready....is anyone making sarnies?

Elaine
26-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Now don't be silly Elaine G can easily hook up another armchair onto the water ski's...see when you get tired Angie you can have a sit down .........First class travel :-D :-D

Blooming hell, think I need a bigger van for all of this. Do you want skiis on the armchar?

So would that be a SEAFOOD diet Elaine:smt047

Exactly the right diet for sea fairers dont you think.;)

And is there any chance of taking a matress or two with us I mean it seems silly not to have "water beds" while at sea. :)

No no no, no mattresses, they will get all soggy and pull the van under. How about those airbeds for swimming pools? That way they can be easily stored away when not in use. We could even have some rubber tubes for people to sit in and be towed along beside Angie on her skiis, and ofcourse they are meant to be good for sores arent they?

Okay seems we are ready....is anyone making sarnies?

Absolutely, who is making the sarnies and flasks of tea/coffee too? Lets not forget to take fresh fruit and veg, or vitamin pills, we dont want any one coming down with scurvy.

Kazz
26-03-2011, 06:55 PM
[quote=Elaine;639571]Blooming hell, think I need a bigger van for all of this. Do you want skiis on the armchar?

Yes please....pretty please.

No no no, no mattresses, they will get all soggy and pull the van under. How about those airbeds for swimming pools? That way they can be easily stored away when not in use. We could even have some rubber tubes for people to sit in and be towed along beside Angie on her skiis, and ofcourse they are meant to be good for sores arent they?

Spoil sport but airbeds will be fine....are there Sharks in the Atlantic???? if so we need to take a puncture repair kit or two.

Absolutely, who is making the sarnies and flasks of tea/coffee too? Lets not forget to take fresh fruit and veg, or vitamin pills, we dont want any one coming down with scurvy.uote]

We could all make a few sarnies :-D Or follow the QE or Queen Mary and beg for leftovers............

Velvet
26-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Whos for prawn dips & tuna sarnies? Oh, what about a few bags of prawn cocktail crisps?

Squirrel
26-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I'll make a few sandwiches etc as well. How many for ham salad, and how many would prefer chicken???

Eileen - we're really gearing up for a big expedition to come rescue you here I think! ;)

Elaine
26-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh and we'll need grapes and choccies for Eileen too.;)

Kazz
26-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh and we'll need grapes and choccies for Eileen too.;)

I assume the grape will be in the bottle form;)

angieh
26-03-2011, 09:12 PM
We'll definitely need old Navy Rum against scurvy. I'll bring that along! Shame all the ice has melted though - it'd be nicer on the rocks.

Kazz
26-03-2011, 09:52 PM
We'll definitely need old Navy Rum against scurvy. I'll bring that along! Shame all the ice has melted though - it'd be nicer on the rocks.

Don't mention rocks ;) we do not need to be on the rocks in the ocean...Elaine block out all mention of icebergs and rocks.Although as we are all cat people maybe the boat -sorry Vanmobile will have 9 lives too.:-D

Elaine
26-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Don't mention rocks ;) we do not need to be on the rocks in the ocean...Elaine block out all mention of icebergs and rocks.Although as we are all cat people maybe the boat -sorry Vanmobile will have 9 lives too.:-D

It's already used up 3 of those:?

Squirrel
26-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Maybe we get to say that the vans lives will be x9 for each of the passengers on board? That way we've got plenty of chances for getting there alright -3 or not Elaine! :)

Elaine
26-03-2011, 11:26 PM
The test run.............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTK6-3G4sKM

Squirrel
27-03-2011, 12:18 AM
:lol: Brilliant Elaine... :)

angieh
27-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Not impossible then! Like the bit about the pod of dolphins.

Velvet
27-03-2011, 01:14 AM
With powerful motor like that, get there in a few hours.

Best get those Sarnies and dips done tonight folks!! Oh for us TT's I'll bring a few cans of diet coke :)

Kazz
27-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Not impossible then! Like the bit about the pod of dolphins.

Never mind the dolphins, although they are lovely but....... Elaine.......Oh Elaine......do we get a coulple of hunky Aussies...........:smt047 :smt047

Elaine
27-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Never mind the dolphins, although they are lovely but....... Elaine.......Oh Elaine......do we get a coulple of hunky Aussies...........:smt047 :smt047

I'll do my best:lol:

Squirrel
27-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Oh Dear... My head seriously isn't with me... At first I thought Kazz was asking if we were going to be able to get some Huskies! :roll:

Hoping you're soon here and able to laugh at all the daft stuff people are now coming up with Eileen. Seems ages since we saw you here last. :(

Mags
27-03-2011, 10:46 AM
I emailed all the Catsey and OFF's messages to Christopher last night, he has kindly offered to print them out and take them to Eileen in hospital.

I'm hoping he will reply with any news when he reads the email.

angieh
27-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Fingers truly crossed, Mags! Many thanks to you and to Christopher too for being our post people.

lynz85
27-03-2011, 12:58 PM
thanks mags, hoping eileen isnt in there for much longer!

Mags
27-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Sunday update:

I've just received a brief message from Christopher to say he's received our messages and will print them out and take them in to Eileen this afternoon.

Also, Eileen was hoping that they would send her home today, but it looks like at least one more day.

Fingers crossed that she gets her wish to go home soon.

Shelley123
27-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks Mags, i'm relieved we have some news.
Hope our messages cheer Eileen up and she's home perhaps tomorrow.

lynz85
27-03-2011, 09:05 PM
all fingers crossed here that eileen gets home tomorrow!

Mags
27-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks Mags, i'm relieved we have some news.
Hope our messages cheer Eileen up and she's home perhaps tomorrow.
I must admit I was relieved to hear from him :?

I am pretty sure Eileen will have a smile on her face when she reads the messages, also she will realise how much she means to us all.:)

Kazz
27-03-2011, 09:12 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS......Made my day.

Squirrel
27-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the update Mags. It is so good to know that there is some hope of a positive move, maybe soon. Hopefully the hosp will be willing to let her home soon.

And yes, it natural to worry when we not heard - you begin to wonder why you not heard, and whether it is 'no news is good news' or whether something bad has happened and people not know how to say so...

Eileen - am hoping you'll be able to read this really soon. Meantime, enjoy our messages.

Elaine
27-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh I am sooooo pleased that there has been an update on Eileens progress, thanx Mags and Christpher for keeping us in the loop.
I sincerely hope Eileen is well enough to go home tomorrow and that she remains well for many many years to come.
All my love to you Eileen xxx

borderdawn
27-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Good to hear you are doing well Eileen, please come back soon and sort this mad lot out!!!! :mrgreen:

alexgirl73
27-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the update Mags (and Christopher). Fingers crossed Eileen gets home tmw and is back with us soon x

Moli
27-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Thats good news...thanks Mags...

Kazz
27-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Good to hear you are doing well Eileen, please come back soon and sort this mad lot out!!!! :mrgreen:

Oi Oi.....less of it woman ...."this mad lot" ....indeed we are not mad we are officially insane, we have the certificates and straight jackets to prove it.

P.S. Have you booked you seat on the boat trip. ;)

angieh
27-03-2011, 11:08 PM
That's really good news .... hope to welcome Eileen back very soon. Thanks Mags and Christopher too.

Squirrel
28-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Oi Oi.....less of it woman ...."this mad lot" ....indeed we are not mad we are officially insane, we have the certificates and straight jackets to prove it.

P.S. Have you booked you seat on the boat trip. ;)

:lol: If Eileen gets out today maybe the boat trip will have to turn from a rescuing event to a hang out and celebrate one by the time we get there. :-D

Party at Eileens everyone!!! ;)

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:15 AM
All Aboard!!!! No time for late arrivals, hurry up hurry up. Form an orderly queue please. The vanboat sets sale at noon prompt.

Squirrel
28-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Oooh!, I'm coming, I'm coming, Don't leave without me!!!! :-D

smudgley
28-03-2011, 09:02 AM
DM - sorry to hear you have been poorly / in hospital.
I haven't been on Catsey for ages, really busy with life at the mo. We have a puppy and he is keeping us on our toes. Smudge, Emily & tiger lilly Pumpnin send their best wishes..
Hope you are feeling better real soon. xx

Tink
28-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Ahhh big sigh of relief, I was beginning to get very worried. Glad she may get to go home soon. I bet she'll be soooooo happy to be reunited with Leia! :D

Velvet
28-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Thank goodness i got up earlier. Just hooked the gulls up to the windsurfer, shouldnt take more than an hour to hit the Scottish coastline, probably faster as the gulls are a fiesty lot :) - see you all soon.........

Coming Eileen.......hope you have better news this week. :)

angieh
28-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Don't leave without me. I have got to somehow squeeze into this wetsuit. Not a pretty picture :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kazz
28-03-2011, 11:36 AM
So glad I checked in was not going to I am going for the casual look to cross the pond......you know Jimmy Choo shoes...whole ensemble....silk trousers (can't clamber into a boat-van in a skirt a white linen shirt. Will of course take a coat and warm snuggle blanket. Late March in the Atlantic......maybe a bit on the chilly side. Made extra chicken curry so will bring that. And of course cucumber sarnies..........and Pimms..............for tea. And I think EmmaG is bringing the cupcakes.
Oh and my hat will be a pale lemon floppy hat with a pinkflower....and pink silk to tie it on.

See you at 12 Elaine..................Velvet good luck on the journey over.

Feels a bit like Thunderbirds are go...............:)

angieh
28-03-2011, 11:56 AM
What colour silk scarf goes best with the wetsuit look? I was thinking orange.

alexgirl73
28-03-2011, 02:31 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! I so wish I was coming on this journey, but unfortunately I have to attend parent and child cooking class this afternoon. But not to worry, I'll send a couple of the chicken burgers we're making by carrier pigeon and have them drop them off mid atlantic for you in case you finish all Kazzs' curry :D

Kazz
28-03-2011, 03:42 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! I so wish I was coming on this journey, but unfortunately I have to attend parent and child cooking class this afternoon. But not to worry, I'll send a couple of the chicken burgers we're making by carrier pigeon and have them drop them off mid atlantic for you in case you finish all Kazzs' curry :D

Alex Alex Alex.....you have to understand in this virtual world we can be in two places at the same time, choose your hat colour and pop aboard.

Elaine
28-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Well its a slow moving boat-van but atleast we are still afloat. Was nice chugging and rocking down the coast of Scotland, not to many big waves.
Is every one comfortable? I ofcourse didnt get dressed for the occasion, just jeans and a spay, neuter, return t-shirt, oh and ofcourse an arron jersey with a captains hat.
Hang onto your hats ladies it may get quite breezy.

Shelley123
28-03-2011, 06:04 PM
you may think i mised the boatvan but actualy i was stowed away under a picnic rug. Anyway here i am, have got plenty of choccies, loads of different bars to choose from, should keep us going.

Kazz
28-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Choccies under the rug.........

alexgirl73
28-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Alex Alex Alex.....you have to understand in this virtual world we can be in two places at the same time, choose your hat colour and pop aboard.

In that case I'm just popping on a lovely fascinator in puce with an ostrich feather, and throwing a few things into a trunk and I'll be there in 5 :D

Kazz
28-03-2011, 07:54 PM
In that case I'm just popping on a lovely fascinator in puce with an ostrich feather, and throwing a few things into a trunk and I'll be there in 5 :D

Welcome aboard Alex its a lovely evening. Just thought you would all appreciate this short of our farewell committe, before of course the manic waving......;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/farewell.jpg

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:03 PM
And us earlier today mid Atlantic.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/us.jpg

Sun just starting to set....in our wake.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/sunset.jpg

alexgirl73
28-03-2011, 08:06 PM
oh looks lovely :D I'll be there shortly, I need my wellies in case the boat/van leaks, and I think the cats have hidden them!

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:08 PM
As it is now sunset..........bit calmer than earlier.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/sunsetatlantic.jpg

We are all enjoying a nice glass of choice.....blankets and shawls have come out now......Eileen we are coming........hang on a moment please Elaine is shouting something from the front.......she needs directions.......
....Oh its okay..*phew* Shelley and Mags have just got the map out I can hear them calling to Moli (safely perched in the passenger seat ;) ) we need to turn left at the next wave....:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

And follow the neighbours.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/dolphin.jpg

Edited to say we will keep an eye out for you Alex and whoever comes later bring the Coco

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:20 PM
oh looks lovely :D I'll be there shortly, I need my wellies in case the boat/van leaks, and I think the cats have hidden them!

My boat van does NOT leak!:evil: It's all wrapped in water proof bandades just to be sure.;)
Pat has nodded off in passenger seat, some bloody company she is at the moment, snoring her head off. I'll just tune into the shipping forcast for entertainment.:lol:

Shelley123
28-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Good job i brought my specs for the map reading. Lots of stars out now, very pretty and the moon is shining down on the sea.
Anyone know any sea shanties ?

lynz85
28-03-2011, 08:31 PM
yo ho ho and a bottle o' rum!!

evening eileen, are you getting out today, hope so :D

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Here's Alex now
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Alex.jpg

Climb aboard the raft Alex
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/raft.jpg

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Elaine concentrate on the road...ocean...:? ...and nudge Pat as its her turn to swab the roof...low flying seagulls....you know.

Shelley glad you brought your glasses too.:)

And as we are now halfway across the pond thought I would show you all landlovers who may be concerned a pic of out backup
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Ourbackupcrew.jpg

lynz85
28-03-2011, 08:37 PM
:lol: :lol:

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Here's Alex now

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Alex.jpg

Climb aboard the raft Alex

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/raft.jpg

Its a wonder the lad is not shattered with all the ferrying of us he's done today.....:roll:

And if you are wondering the van is towing the raft...seemed easier than us all on top of each other.:-D

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Ooops, sorry folks, was a bit pre-occupied with Pat as she has been thowing up out of the window.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/kittens4.jpg

Any one got any babywipes or something? Pat sort yourself out woman.

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:42 PM
The raft was a fantastic idea Kazz, I dont know how you managed to get it all together so quickly but well done.

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Wait a minute.....
There's some one swimming towards us....:shock:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/swimmingyola.jpg

Blooming hexk I think it's Yola:shock:

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I just wanted to say here "you do all realise this is getting a little silly now." but the greatest of fun. ;)

Sorry whats that oh yes....Sing up in the van.....You know what we should do though roast marshmellows....

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:48 PM
NOOOOOO, you'll blow us all up!!!

I like silly:oops: :lol:

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:49 PM
NOOOOOO, you'll blow us all up!!!

I like silly:oops: :lol:
We can do what we like its virtual....;)

angieh
28-03-2011, 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5usk2yrw0E

Here's a good song! Please pass that hot cocoa - it's getting a bit cold out here on these skis!!!

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Ooops, sorry folks, was a bit pre-occupied with Pat as she has been thowing up out of the window.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/kittens4.jpg

Any one got any babywipes or something? Pat sort yourself out woman.

Sorry all just fell off the raft while laughing at Pat.....:-D You cannot take some people anywhere......

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:53 PM
That's better Pat, now do try not to get into a state again:roll:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/patinahat.jpg

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:54 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E5usk2yrw0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a good song! Please pass that hot cocoa - it's getting a bit cold out here on these skis!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Waterski.jpg
Angie stop showing off and come aboard.......we are pausing a moment for me to get back on and Yola to climb aboard....

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eileen I do hope you are ready for our arrival, they are a mad lot, I cannt keep up with them. Such hard work keeping them all in line while trying to navigate the boat van there.

Kazz
28-03-2011, 08:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eileen I do hope you are ready for our arrival, they are a mad lot, I cannt keep up with them. Such hard work keeping them all in line while trying to navigate the boat van there.

Shut up and steer................:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/Elaine.jpg

Shelley123
28-03-2011, 08:58 PM
we gave this man a lift earlier on
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/thunderbird8588/P1050815.jpg

Elaine
28-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Blloming hitch hikers, eh stole the sandwiches

Shelley123
28-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Then The World Ship pulled up alongside and invited us all on board for a party tonight
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/thunderbird8588/P1050844.jpg

angieh
28-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Was that quite wise? He'll be after me rum me hearties!

Elaine
28-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Arrrr Angie, that he will lass, that he will

Shelley123
28-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Blloming hitch hikers, eh stole the sandwiches

:lol: He looks the sort, we'll have to make him walk the gangplank :lol:

Kazz
28-03-2011, 09:02 PM
we gave this man a lift earlier on

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/thunderbird8588/P1050815.jpg

I thought he was a bit wooden......:oops: :oops:

Kazz
28-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Yeah party..............bags the shower first.

angieh
28-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Can someone help me get this icicle off my nose - don't want to let the company down! Thanks.

Shelley123
28-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Good job i brought my glad rags, will have to take lots of piccies to show Eileen.

Kazz
28-03-2011, 09:05 PM
The only way to travel
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kazz76/VIP.jpg

Shelley123
28-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Can someone help me get this icicle off my nose - don't want to let the company down! Thanks.

think i have a dremel somewhere, Angie :lol: