PDA

View Full Version : Our vets' open day.

farthing
12-06-2010, 10:28 PM
We spent the afternoon helping at our vets open day- I did the 'guess the dog's birthday' and Mike did the raffle.
The money raised went to the CP, the PDSA and the guide dogs for the blind. I went to buy some cakes from the Cp stall and got talking- I think they were quite surprised to hear we have 12 cats, most of whom were over 10.
I did ask some advice on Mr Tomsk and was given the co-ordinator's number to call and they would pay for castartion, micrchipping and 1st vaccine. They did seem a bit shocked that we had an FIV cat, and confirmed that they PTS all positive FELV/FIV cats- but I said if he was FIV I would try him with Tabatha rather than just PTS.
I do feel guilty about using another charity to 'sort' out an animal who has chosen to come to us ( it seems), but on a selfish level it will save us over £100. I'm not comfortable with it even though they raise lots of money and we take in hardly any.:?

Shelley123
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM
The open day sounds like it went well Farthing. I hope Mt Tomsk gets sorted out, he is lucky he found someone willing to give him a chance.

Liz
13-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Farthing do make sure when the "new" boy is in for his op they know you are taking the cat - friends lost a stray with this branch as they do put all FIV to sleep as you said

I have had 2 FIV in our crew with no aggro or spread of it so if the cats are accepting as ours are then they can go on a live happy lives - thats also why I will not support that branch of CP - our old branch now gets approx £3000 a year form the 2 things we still do for them and home FIV cats and do not put to sleep unless its gone to far!

If you want a voucher just ask - I get them from other branches of CP to help with our outside ferals!