Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
12-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #1

Our vets' open day.

We spent the afternoon helping at our vets open day- I did the 'guess the dog's birthday' and Mike did the raffle.
The money raised went to the CP, the PDSA and the guide dogs for the blind. I went to buy some cakes from the Cp stall and got talking- I think they were quite surprised to hear we have 12 cats, most of whom were over 10.
I did ask some advice on Mr Tomsk and was given the co-ordinator's number to call and they would pay for castartion, micrchipping and 1st vaccine. They did seem a bit shocked that we had an FIV cat, and confirmed that they PTS all positive FELV/FIV cats- but I said if he was FIV I would try him with Tabatha rather than just PTS.
I do feel guilty about using another charity to 'sort' out an animal who has chosen to come to us ( it seems), but on a selfish level it will save us over £100. I'm not comfortable with it even though they raise lots of money and we take in hardly any.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #2

Re: Our vets' open day.

The open day sounds like it went well Farthing. I hope Mt Tomsk gets sorted out, he is lucky he found someone willing to give him a chance.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
13-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #3

Re: Our vets' open day.

Farthing do make sure when the "new" boy is in for his op they know you are taking the cat - friends lost a stray with this branch as they do put all FIV to sleep as you said

I have had 2 FIV in our crew with no aggro or spread of it so if the cats are accepting as ours are then they can go on a live happy lives - thats also why I will not support that branch of CP - our old branch now gets approx £3000 a year form the 2 things we still do for them and home FIV cats and do not put to sleep unless its gone to far!

If you want a voucher just ask - I get them from other branches of CP to help with our outside ferals!