PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's Daily

yola
17-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Morning - although I wish it wasn't! Having been awake between 1.30 and 5.30 during the night (when I spent some time on Catsey :lol:) I'm feeling especially ropey. Coupled with the sore throat, headache, earache . . . I really could do with a bit more kip. Still, lots to do!

i'm going to pop Balie to the vet for another weighing and also see if further blood tests are needed as he's vomitting a lot and *feels* a lot lighter again.

Apart from that I need to start hunting for a new car in earnest otherwise I'll be paying a fortune for a hire car whilst waiting for a new lease car.

Erin
17-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Morning Yola, Morning all :)

Sorry your feeling unwell Yola, sounds like you have what I have, there's alot of it going around. Hope you feel better soon.

Have a bit of a stressful day today, my dad is in hospital having a Pulmonary vein ablation op :( Hes just text to say that he's on his way down to theatre. So I'll be spending the day nervously awaiting news!

Mags
17-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone:D

It's a rather dull day here but at least it's dry. I've cleaned all the back ground floor windows this morning so I hope I haven't given evil thought to the black clouds looming overhead.:roll:

Sorry to hear you're not feel well, Yola ...... hope you'll feel better soon.
I also hope Baile is alright, good luck at the vets.

Erin, best wishes to you Dad, I hope his op goes well. It must be such a worry for you on top of everything else... (((hugs)))

Healing thoughts to the sickly people and pets....

smudgley
17-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Wishing your Dad all the best Erin. x

angieh
17-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Yes, I echo Mags' comments - healing thoughts to poorly people and pets .......... do hope all goes well. :hug:

A lovely bright day here today, a bit breezy, but blue sky and dry. We have had some repairs done to a couple of double glazed units this morning - one window was not shutting properly and letting in a draft, another couple of glass panels had leaked gas and were misting and we had a broken handle on one window. All done and dusted now, so we are weather tight. I would just like to raise a cheer for Checkatrade and urge anyone looking for a trade to look on Checkatrade to find a good person in your area. Hooray! :smt041

We have had excellent news this morning from our gas and electricity provider - two repayments will be made to us. I think this is a new thing - they used to hang on to customers' money, didn't they? Anyway, we will probably try and put the repayment away somewhere else to provide a bit of a cushion for the winter fuel bills!

Have a good day everyone. I'll be back later!

MrsH
17-09-2009, 01:52 PM
All good wishes for Erin's dad.

Yola, hope you're feeling better soon and manage a good night's sleep tonight.

This morning I had my 6 month RA check-up at the hospital. Lumps on the back of my hand have been diagnosed as tenosynovitis (something like that anyway!) I had x-rays of hands and feet, and, as I'm going to have my prescription changed (the current drug no longer works well enough for me) I had to have my lungs x-rayed too. Apparently the drugs they're going to put me on can affect lung function so they needed a base-line image first. Oh yes, I also had a steroid injection in the derriere.

I hope that all this improves my mobility, because at the moment I'm finding stairs very difficult, I get tired and ratty (as MrH can verify!!) through the discomfort, and dog walks take much longer as I'm so slow.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

dandysmom
17-09-2009, 04:24 PM
So sorry to hear about the poorly people and pets, healing vibes to all.

Rather gloomy and dank with lowering clouds and the threat of rain, quite chilly at 16 degrees. Woke up at the usual time, looked at the weather, rolled over and went back to sleep ...lazy! Then discovered the downstairs toilet was running; managed to fiddle with the float and it seems to be OK now; we shall see. Leia went back upstairs to bed after breakfast and has not been seen since! That's all the news!

Take care. all, hope it's a good (or better!) day!

jan
17-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi all,
hope everyone not feeling so great feels better as soon as. I am just tired tonight, the weeks catching up with me as its coming to a close. Been a dull day, cooler than of late, it does get chilly now at night and early morning though, Autumn s here! (where was Summer?) Busy morning and early afternoon, then a lazy hour and a half at the hairdressers being blonded again and drinking coffee and catching up on meaningless celebrity gossip! Bliss lol. Have a pleasant evening all. Jan x

Tink
17-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Hello all,
I am finally slowing down enough to check in with the dailies again (yay!) :-)
Yola, I hope you feel better and good vibes to Erin's Dad.

I am feeling pretty good today. I think we have finally gotten my medications right and adjusted properly. I got a great nights sleep for once and was up at a reasonable hour too! Plus, I feel much more motivated and productive :-)
Kuan Yin is great. OH got a shipment of snails for his tank yesterday and she found one of the bags they were shipped in and it smelled all fishy..she played with that thing for HOURS, lol.
Hestia is great and I really can say she fits perfectly into our household. She was always okay but I've noticed more and more how comfortable she is and even much more affectionate..it is nice!
Cuddles is doing alright. Though I really think she is going senile. Faces the wall and meows at nothing. But I've gotten her to finally put on some weight with some goats milk..she loves it!
Ferrets are amazing and keep me laughing even at the worst of times. Dogs are good but a bit unruly since all this hospital business, I think they are protesting. K's tank is good too.
K is steadily improving. He can walk without a limp now, just not for very long but it is looking promising. The doctors say they will think about getting him a note to return to work when they see him for his follow up appointment on the 24th. Fingers crossed. Mentally he's a bit grumpy but I try to make him laugh and tell him motivating things. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But the one thing I've learned no matter how his mood is I can't let it affect me, I have to take care of myself in order to take care of others and nurture myself as well so when he is grumpy I just do something that will make myself happy and check in with him later. Or if I'm up to it, hang out with him and reassure him.
I don't know if I told you about my Grandpa. It was while all the K crises were going on. He had to be taken against his will to a facility for alsheimers. There was an incident where he got violent and the cops came. He has had some outbursts in hospitals and they've been transferring him from place to place. They might have to keep him in psych ward instead.
My parents are okay, ups and downs but nothing too serious, thank goodness.
I am looking forward to the holidays. I love the fall, it is my favorite season. The wind and the dried leaves..not too hot, not too cold..and Halloween, of course! K's always stubborn and doesn't carve the pumpkin but I do it anyways because I love that stuff.
I'm also starting an art project for the ferrets room. And after I finish that I'll start some sewing projects I have lined up for Christmas gifts.
Anyway, I have missed all of you. Take care and I hope everyone's day is a good one :-)

Erin
17-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Just spoke to my Dad, he's doing well, got back to the ward at 4 this afternoon, the op took 4 hours, he was only sadated for it :shock: such a reliefe to hear off him :D

Mags
17-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Tink, it's good to hear that things are improving for you, you have had a lot of stress lately. Make sure K doesn't overdo things (easier said than done, I know) he needs to rest and take things easy to get himself better.

Pleased to hear all the animals are ok...

Take care, best wishes to you both.....x

Mags
17-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Just spoke to my Dad, he's doing well, got back to the ward at 4 this afternoon, the op took 4 hours, he was only sadated for it :shock: such a reliefe to hear off him :D
Wonderful news Erin, I'm pleased all went well for your Dad ....... x

yola
17-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Erin - I'm delighted your Dad's doing well. It must have been so lovely to hear his voice.

Tink - what can I say. You are an inspiration to us all. From someone who was struggling - to someone who has come through so strong, positive and confident . . . I applaud you, I really do. K is a lucky man to have you at his side. I consider myself strong but I'm not sure I would have had the mental and physical energy to get through what you have.

Jan - the 3-monthly colouring session at the hairdressers is my 'downtime'. Rubbish celeb mags and thinking about nothing . . . I really look forward to those appointments so I completely know where you're coming from :D

angieh
17-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Tink - I think you know how much we all admire your courage and strength.

"But the one thing I've learned no matter how his mood is I can't let it affect me, I have to take care of myself in order to take care of others and nurture myself as well so when he is grumpy I just do something that will make myself happy and check in with him later."

These words are just so true and show that you have learned so much from your troubles. I am going to try and remember them as they strike such a note with me.

Erin - glad your Dad is out of surgery. Hope his recovery is good.

On a warm note - OH has lit the woodburner for the first time tonight. It is beautifully warm in the lounge. Pip is basking in the warmth. Kizzy has gone out hunting - poor love, she is probably trying to supplement her fairly strict rations!!! I have to catch up on some work this evening, but will try and pop in later before bed.

angieh
17-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Forgot to say - went down to the compost heap this afternoon, lifted the old carpet covering and came almost nose to whisker with a big adult male rat!!! He was so sleek and fat that he almost got caught trying to squeeze his escape through the wire netting. He'd been lunching on some of the earthworms - the Bokashi really seems to suit the worms and now, it seems, the rat. Prefer last year's voles.

dandysmom
17-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Tink, it was wonderful to get that report of how things are going; you have been so strong thru all this! Sorry about your Grandpa, Cuddles does sound as if she's getting feline dementia, my Patches was like that.

Erin, great news about your Dad!

Angie, who was more surprised, you or that rat!? I hope Kizzy doesn't get him....too many calories for her! Poor starving girl, Leia sends commiserations!

PoshPuss
17-09-2009, 09:34 PM
A very late hello from me for today. Went up to Heathrow to drop off my bro and his lady at a hotel, ready for their flight out to San Fran tomorrow.Didn't get home till late coz the traffic was very heavy.Gave you a wave going past Reading, Yola ;)
Tink, you have had a real hard time lately,soglad your animals are such a comfort to you. Erin,glad your dad got thru his op ok,:) Ang,I'd have been gone screaming if I'd eyeballed that rat :shock:ugh!...
My Ceri suffers from arthritis Mrs H so I understand your pain, keep warm and well. thats all folks, nighty night,I'm shattered ...yawn...

dandysmom
17-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Nite, PP, sleep well!

PoshPuss
17-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Night, God Bless to you too Eileen ,:) really gotta go now but such interesting stuff on here :-D

yola
17-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Gave you a wave going past Reading, Yola ;) ...

Cheers hun. Sleep tight :D

* edit to say it has been . . . ahem . . . interesting here . . . over the last couple of days :-)

dandysmom
17-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Cheers hun. Sleep tight :D

* edit to say it has been . . . ahem . . . interesting here . . . over the last couple of days :-)

Massive understatement, Yola! :-D

angieh
17-09-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm fast approaching "scramble time", just drinking my tea and then Pip will pop into his crate and I'll be off to my bed.

Nighty nite all!

dandysmom
17-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Nite to you, Angie, OH, Kizzy and little Pip! I'm off to dinner now (herself has had hers early ....loud starving miaows!)

Tink
18-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Thank you all for your kind words.
I think I've learned some things because when life gets turned upside down like that, something gets set off and survival mode kicks in. I've learned alot about myself and also learned how each day is precious.

In other news, K's doc signed a note for him to go back to work today (WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!).
It is only part time but surely better than nothing. K wishes he was on full time for the money but I am trying to get him to focus on what IS happening for us instead of what isn't. He'll probably change his tune once he gets in the swing of things again :-)

dandysmom
18-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Good news! Part time is better than no time, and some income is better than none! (((hugs))), things are looking a lottle better now.

yola
18-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Wonderful news Tink. Maybe you can both start back on the road to normality now . . . which I'm sure you're craving!!