Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #1

Thursday's Daily

Morning - although I wish it wasn't! Having been awake between 1.30 and 5.30 during the night (when I spent some time on Catsey ) I'm feeling especially ropey. Coupled with the sore throat, headache, earache . . . I really could do with a bit more kip. Still, lots to do!

i'm going to pop Balie to the vet for another weighing and also see if further blood tests are needed as he's vomitting a lot and *feels* a lot lighter again.

Apart from that I need to start hunting for a new car in earnest otherwise I'll be paying a fortune for a hire car whilst waiting for a new lease car.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
17-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #2

Re: Thursday's Daily

Morning Yola, Morning all

Sorry your feeling unwell Yola, sounds like you have what I have, there's alot of it going around. Hope you feel better soon.

Have a bit of a stressful day today, my dad is in hospital having a Pulmonary vein ablation op Hes just text to say that he's on his way down to theatre. So I'll be spending the day nervously awaiting news!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #3

Hi everyone

It's a rather dull day here but at least it's dry. I've cleaned all the back ground floor windows this morning so I hope I haven't given evil thought to the black clouds looming overhead.

Sorry to hear you're not feel well, Yola ...... hope you'll feel better soon.
I also hope Baile is alright, good luck at the vets.

Erin, best wishes to you Dad, I hope his op goes well. It must be such a worry for you on top of everything else... (((hugs)))

Healing thoughts to the sickly people and pets....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #4

Wishing your Dad all the best Erin. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #5

Yes, I echo Mags' comments - healing thoughts to poorly people and pets .......... do hope all goes well.

A lovely bright day here today, a bit breezy, but blue sky and dry. We have had some repairs done to a couple of double glazed units this morning - one window was not shutting properly and letting in a draft, another couple of glass panels had leaked gas and were misting and we had a broken handle on one window. All done and dusted now, so we are weather tight. I would just like to raise a cheer for Checkatrade and urge anyone looking for a trade to look on Checkatrade to find a good person in your area. Hooray!

We have had excellent news this morning from our gas and electricity provider - two repayments will be made to us. I think this is a new thing - they used to hang on to customers' money, didn't they? Anyway, we will probably try and put the repayment away somewhere else to provide a bit of a cushion for the winter fuel bills!

Have a good day everyone. I'll be back later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #6

All good wishes for Erin's dad.

Yola, hope you're feeling better soon and manage a good night's sleep tonight.

This morning I had my 6 month RA check-up at the hospital. Lumps on the back of my hand have been diagnosed as tenosynovitis (something like that anyway!) I had x-rays of hands and feet, and, as I'm going to have my prescription changed (the current drug no longer works well enough for me) I had to have my lungs x-rayed too. Apparently the drugs they're going to put me on can affect lung function so they needed a base-line image first. Oh yes, I also had a steroid injection in the derriere.

I hope that all this improves my mobility, because at the moment I'm finding stairs very difficult, I get tired and ratty (as MrH can verify!!) through the discomfort, and dog walks take much longer as I'm so slow.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #7

So sorry to hear about the poorly people and pets, healing vibes to all.

Rather gloomy and dank with lowering clouds and the threat of rain, quite chilly at 16 degrees. Woke up at the usual time, looked at the weather, rolled over and went back to sleep ...lazy! Then discovered the downstairs toilet was running; managed to fiddle with the float and it seems to be OK now; we shall see. Leia went back upstairs to bed after breakfast and has not been seen since! That's all the news!

Take care. all, hope it's a good (or better!) day!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
17-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #8

Hi all,
hope everyone not feeling so great feels better as soon as. I am just tired tonight, the weeks catching up with me as its coming to a close. Been a dull day, cooler than of late, it does get chilly now at night and early morning though, Autumn s here! (where was Summer?) Busy morning and early afternoon, then a lazy hour and a half at the hairdressers being blonded again and drinking coffee and catching up on meaningless celebrity gossip! Bliss lol. Have a pleasant evening all. Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #9

Hello all,
I am finally slowing down enough to check in with the dailies again (yay!)
Yola, I hope you feel better and good vibes to Erin's Dad.

I am feeling pretty good today. I think we have finally gotten my medications right and adjusted properly. I got a great nights sleep for once and was up at a reasonable hour too! Plus, I feel much more motivated and productive
Kuan Yin is great. OH got a shipment of snails for his tank yesterday and she found one of the bags they were shipped in and it smelled all fishy..she played with that thing for HOURS, lol.
Hestia is great and I really can say she fits perfectly into our household. She was always okay but I've noticed more and more how comfortable she is and even much more affectionate..it is nice!
Cuddles is doing alright. Though I really think she is going senile. Faces the wall and meows at nothing. But I've gotten her to finally put on some weight with some goats milk..she loves it!
Ferrets are amazing and keep me laughing even at the worst of times. Dogs are good but a bit unruly since all this hospital business, I think they are protesting. K's tank is good too.
K is steadily improving. He can walk without a limp now, just not for very long but it is looking promising. The doctors say they will think about getting him a note to return to work when they see him for his follow up appointment on the 24th. Fingers crossed. Mentally he's a bit grumpy but I try to make him laugh and tell him motivating things. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But the one thing I've learned no matter how his mood is I can't let it affect me, I have to take care of myself in order to take care of others and nurture myself as well so when he is grumpy I just do something that will make myself happy and check in with him later. Or if I'm up to it, hang out with him and reassure him.
I don't know if I told you about my Grandpa. It was while all the K crises were going on. He had to be taken against his will to a facility for alsheimers. There was an incident where he got violent and the cops came. He has had some outbursts in hospitals and they've been transferring him from place to place. They might have to keep him in psych ward instead.
My parents are okay, ups and downs but nothing too serious, thank goodness.
I am looking forward to the holidays. I love the fall, it is my favorite season. The wind and the dried leaves..not too hot, not too cold..and Halloween, of course! K's always stubborn and doesn't carve the pumpkin but I do it anyways because I love that stuff.
I'm also starting an art project for the ferrets room. And after I finish that I'll start some sewing projects I have lined up for Christmas gifts.
Anyway, I have missed all of you. Take care and I hope everyone's day is a good one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
17-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #10

Just spoke to my Dad, he's doing well, got back to the ward at 4 this afternoon, the op took 4 hours, he was only sadated for it such a reliefe to hear off him