PDA

View Full Version : K in hospital again

Pages : 1 [2]

Tink
27-07-2009, 02:27 AM
i've calmed down.
i can't make him care about himself if he doesn't want to.
all i can do is my best.
i have to let it go, hard as it may be.

angieh
27-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Tink I do feel for you. K is probably completely fed up, you know. Do so hope all is well and that he gets his lines back in soon.

dandysmom
27-07-2009, 04:16 PM
SIGH! Men! Sorry he's acting like this; hope it won't cause an adverse reaction missing the mediation.

calismum
27-07-2009, 09:36 PM
He sounds so fed up - have you tried telling him he's being quite selfish, making you worry and potentially putting you (and himself) through another crisis. I'm guessing you probably have in one way or another. so you just have to let him get on with it today and see what tomorrow brings.

Thinking of you, what strength and patience you have shown over that last few weeks.

Good luck, big ((hugs)) to you both.

Tink
10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Well, guess whose picc line site is infected and they think it might be Sepsis.
Recovery seems like a distant dream.
I feel like I'm gonna have a breakdown.

Leesy
10-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Oh Tink I am so sorry to hear that, I can truly understand just where you are coming from, but please be strong and hold on in there, we are all behind you sweetheart you have been so brave through everything don`t give up now ( ( BIG HUGS ) ) Xxx.

dandysmom
10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
OMG, Tink, I don't know what to say... this is awful, I am so sorry it has turned worse Will keep the prayers coming..........

Moli
10-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Cannot add anymore than what is posted above, except to say, we are all here for you.....xx

angieh
10-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I am so sorry Tink - hang on be strong. There's no-one here that has been involved with your threads about K's illness that hasn't been with you 100% and wished you both well.

dinahsmum
11-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh Tink .............

Tink
11-08-2009, 06:22 PM
well, he went to an appt this morning and they're not letting him leave...admitting him into the hospital again.

angieh
11-08-2009, 06:32 PM
So very sorry Tink.

dandysmom
11-08-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm not surprised, sad but expected with another infection having set in. I hope they'll keep him in this time till he's well and truly ready to go home. Hope this will give you a little "me" time, as it's been horribly stressful for you. Prayers still coming for you both ......

Kazz
11-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I think he may be in the best place.....in the long run. All the best to you both.

Leesy
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I agree Tink I also think that he is in the best possible place to get him right.
Take care and be strong Xxx.

Tink
12-08-2009, 06:40 AM
just got back from visiting k.
they have confirmed he has a fungal infection in his blood (similar to a yeast infection) that was caused by his antibiotics.
tomorrow they are doing a transesophagul echocardiogram to determine if there is vegetation on the mechanical valves they put into his heart (yeast likes artificial surfaces).
if so, they want to cut him open for the third time in the last two months. he says he'll just leave and he won't let them do that, which would basically mean certain death.
so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, i can't worry about that now, i'm going to focus on the test results tomorrow and go from there.

Leesy
12-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Oh Tink you must both be at your wits end:cry: ,and must feel like the whole thing is just never going to end.
I know it has been said upteem of times but I think it does help please please be strong the pair of you, it will resolve its self and K will eventually be fighting fit again.

Take care Pauline Xxx.

dandysmom
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh Tink, so sorry .......

random
12-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Oh Tink i'm so sorry I don't know what to say, I hope it's ok. :(

Tink
14-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Hi guys, just to update...
I'll keep it short by saying they were not doing anything to help him in the hospital and certain factors were infuriating...and there was a lot of drama yesterday that I won't go into...
Well, today they tried to make him stay and do blood transfusions after we blatantly told them last night he's leaving this morning. Then some docs came in and tried to bully him. So he got dressed, walked out, and drove home.
We are researching holistic remedies to help get rid of the infection..he's still taking antibiotics and antifungal meds but we both decided to put off the steroids so his immune system can function.
So I'm cooking no sugar or carbs for him and adding garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano to everything...that's what we found on the internet so far.
He's going to follow up with one doctor, the rest can back off right now..too many chefs in the kitchen and we're tired of being stuck in the middle of their politics.
We are still willing to use their antibiotics but are going to try to be more in charge of what's going on...and look into holistic remedies rather than steroids that compromise the immune system.
They threatened he'd die without them but we both have enough knowledge to know there's other options out there and I have a medical background as well.
We're gonna try it our way for awhile with some compromises with their way a little as well..

dandysmom
14-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Woo hoo, there's been a lot more going on in the hospital that we knew, or needed to know, about! That's scary but brave of you two to go holistic; I hope and pray it will work out for the best for K's health and for you. A big step to be taking. Just try to keep him from overdoing, Tink. (((hugs)))

Leesy
14-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Like DM has said Tink that is a very scary and brave decision that you and K have decided to take, I can understand why but I am not sure that I would be brave enough to make that decision.
Hope that all goes well and that K shows improvement and gets better soon Xxx.

dinahsmum
14-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Very best wishes, as ever

angieh
14-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Very brave - do so hope it turns out for the best. Sounds as if you are better out of the hospital environment anyway. Stress like that can't be good.

I remember a qualified Herbalist once telling me that onions have really good antibacterial properties.

yola
14-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I salute and applaud your decision . . .I put much faith in alternative therapies, however I have no experience of dealing with something so critical. Much love and luck as always Tink/K.