PDA

View Full Version : Eva and the Reiki Master

Elaine
26-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Well, Bob called this morning and will be coming for an introductory meeting with Eva and myself on Wednesday morning. This session he wont charge me for as it is about finding out if Eva will respond to the Reiki, Bach flower Remedies or both.
I am looking forward to the meeting and hopefully we can help Eva become a more relaxed kitty for the future.
Will keep you updated about how we all get on.

Mags
26-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I hope he'll be able to help to relax poor Eva, Elaine - will look forward to your report on Wednesday's meeting ....:D

Elaine
26-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I have a feeling that she wont respond but nothing ventured, nothing gained. You never know she may just surprise us all and benefit greatly from it.

Mags
26-07-2008, 11:36 AM
You can but try Elaine, that way you know you are doing your best to help her...

As you say. Eva might just surprise us all, bless her! :lol:

Elaine
26-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanx Mags. I dont want to change her, coz i love her grumpy little ways and she makes me laugh, I just want for her to feel more relaxed about vet visits and to be able to cope better if i am not around for a few days. If we could atleast acheive the latter as i hate going away and worrying about how she is.

Jac
26-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Good luck Elaine. It will be interesting to learn how she gets on.

angieh
26-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Will be really interested to hear whether Eva responds or not. As you say, nothing ventured ......

dandysmom
26-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Hope it goes well for Eva, bless her!

meep
28-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Elaine, I've been off the boards for a week (on holiday) so am a bit behind - what is wrong with Eva? Is she just very nervous / anxious?

Bach's Rescue Remedy is fantastic (mainly for human use but can be used for pets!) I use it when I'm stressed and it calms me straight away, a lot better than Kalms. Also, Bachs do make certain remedies specifically for pets. I really think you'll have some luck with them - the reiki will be interesting! I had a session once and I just could not stop giggling and laughing. It's supposed to cause emotional releases, and is genereally crying, but I went the other way :roll: Never seen it performed on an animal though!

Good luck!

Elaine
28-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanx Meep, I have tried RR on her before and feliway but they didnt make alot of difference to her at all.
She is not ill, its just that she tends to get very stressed and upset if, for example, I am away for more than a couple of days. She upsets herself terribly and either ends up with an upset tummy or cystitis (which she has only had once thankfully). She doesnt cope with change very well at all and i'd just like to be able to help her chill a bit. Other than that she is as fit as a fiddle:D

meep
28-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Poor girl! It sounds like she's very attached to you, which is flattering! It's just a shame she makes herself poorly over it :( My old cat was very dearly attached to me (when I was a kid) and when I went away for a week he refused to eat and sat by the door that led up stairs for the whole week. He was fine as soon as I came back, they do get themselves in such a tizz. It'd just be nice to know we can go away for a few days guilt-free!

Good luck again, and do give us all the details. I've had a reiki session myself and I did feel very funy during and after it (in a good way) so I'd be interested to hear how a cat reacts!

Elaine
30-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Very interesting. Bob is a really nice guy, Bernie loved him instantly but that wasnt surprising as Bernie loves every one. Eva is normally very aloof around stangers but was quite curious around Bob.
We chatted for a while about Eva and about Reiki and Bach flower remedies. Then he sat on the floor in the hall, where Eva was. He didnt touch her but held his hands out to her and spoke softly, allowing her to sniff and brush against him, she did seem very calm and gave him lots of slow blinks before settling herself down infront of him. Bob sat there for around 20 minutes to half an hour.
When he came back into the living room we chatted a little more. He seems to think that she was accepting the Reiki and thinks its worth pursuing in conjunction with the Bach flower remedies.
I gave him a sample of her hair, with that he will dowse over it to find out her emotional state etc, from there he will know which Bach flower remedies will suit her needs.
We have another session next tuesday morning. It will be very interesting to find out what he comes back with.
I am not convinced at this stage but am willing to pursue iit a little further because Eva is worth it and her well being is worth it.

angieh
30-07-2008, 11:18 AM
I suspend judgement also until you and Eva have seen him again. Sounds as if he could be a cat whisperer which would be IMO even better!

Elaine
30-07-2008, 11:27 AM
It may well be that she reacted so calmly because she'd managed to poo, who knows...;)

yola
30-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Very interesting . . . I don't know much about Reiki but I do have a lot of faith in alternative therapies so I'm really hoping this works for Eva.

I'm glad you're sticking with it for a bit, look forward to hearing how you get on :D

meep
30-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Fascinating!

I do believe that alternative medicines work, and whilst not all practioners are as 'good' as they claim, I do think these things hold a certain place and power. But it is best to hold back until you've seen him again.

My mum, through her work, met a woman who can 'talk' to all animals. Apparently she's an animal psychic and she can literally 'hear' what they want, their thoughts, and communicate with them. She isn't a 'sell-out', hasnt published books, doesn't tour, doesn't offer her services apart from to close friends. And for that reason I believe her more. Apparently she went to the stables before the horse racing and the horses told her who they thought would win, and they were right! I know that might sound far-fetched to some, but I always go into things with an open mind...

Once I was going to buy a siamese kitten (about a year ago) and my mum asked her friend about this (just in passing conversation). The friend thought about it for a while and said she would avoid it due to genetic problems and poor breeding. Sure enough, the kittens were born and several were quite ill with weak joints etc.

It would be simply an amazing ability to be able to communicate with animals! Sounds like Bob definately has a way with them, if Eva was giving him slow blinks and lay down in front of him :) Good luck with it Elaine!

Mags
30-07-2008, 11:41 AM
That's very interesting Elaine, even with Bob being a comparative stranger to Eva, she still managed to show some interest in him..

I'll look forward to your report on next week's appointment. :D

Elaine
30-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I have decided not to give her Zelkyne tablets for now and to wait and see how she goes with the Reiki, other wise if she did become more relaxed, I wouldnt know which treatment was helping her and which i was waisting my money on.
I have an open mind about these things coz i beleive that if a little relaxation can be acheived by them, then thats half the battle.

meep
30-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I have an open mind about these things coz i beleive that if a little relaxation can be acheived by them, then thats half the battle.

Very true!!

charliebubs
30-07-2008, 04:11 PM
That's interesting Elaine. I don't know much about reiki either but am very open minded when it comes to complementary and alternative therapies. I do use homeopathic treatments on my cats and have also used herbal and Bach flower remedies.

Believing in them is half the battle and anything that helps is definitely worth a try. :)

Keep us posted.

dandysmom
30-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Very interesting; I'm surprised that Eva accepted him so well. I know nothing at all about Reiki (note to self - Google); but if it will help the Diva become less stressed, excellent! Good idea about the medication also; you can always try that later if the other doesn't work ....

meep
30-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Elaine, I noticed you didn't mention the use of crystals at all in your description of the session. Did he use any, or did he just sit?

Elaine
30-07-2008, 08:10 PM
No he didnt use any crystals but this was only an introductory session to see if she was accepting the energy;)

meep
31-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Gotcha ;) Makes sense!

Elaine
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, Bob will be back tomorrow morning. Interstingly enough, Eva hasnt been nearly as grumpy as she normally is and was surprisingly relaxed about the puppy who visited.
Lets see what happens tomorrow;)

meep
04-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Great news Elaine! I do believe animals are very sensitive to things such as energy (whether you interpret that as people's emotions, energy levels etc.), a lot more so than humans. I'm guessing Bob has a very calm energy level and through these sessions, where it's intense one-on-one with her, she's slowly picking up on it. Or quite quickly it would seem! Glad to hear she's chilling out a bit ;)

Elaine
05-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Reiki update.
Eva wasn't quite so receptive today, kept wandering off from room to room. I cannt confine her to one room coz as soon as you close a door, she wants out but thats just typical cat behaviour. Bob said that she did accept a little, he wants to try again next week but did say that he was concious of the money factor and doesnt want me to waste money if she is not going to be receptive.
He has given me a bottle of Bach flower remedy, 5 drops twice a day in her food. It may take a week or two to take effect. He has blended together Crab Apple for detox purposes, Beech to restore Intolerance and flexibility and Vervain to remedy over enthusiasm, impulsiveness and restores restraint.
Eva was quite happy when he arrived, settled down giving him big sexy blinks but as soon as he began with the healing hands thing, Eva was off, sitting by food bowl for more buscuits, gave Bernie a whacking and just generally behaving like the Diva she is. She even crapped on the floor for him:shock:
We'll see how it goes next week, after having used the bach remedies.

yola
05-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Ah, she's a rebellious young lady :) Maybe these are just the last throes of anger offering a final stand off; possibly next week she will be more receptive especially with the herbs to help her.

I'm a firm believer in herbs. My herbalist did wonderful things to restore various balances within me.

Mags
05-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Here's hoping the Bach's flower remedy will help Eva.......sounds like she showed Bob her real self today! :D

Grete
05-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I used to be very sceptical about this stuff but my best friend does 'whispering' and she has had some amazing results. Bubbles adores her which is unusual ;)

Perhaps if she doesn't accept the reiki, finding a reputable 'whisperer' to talk to her and find out if something else is going on might help.

Hope this works anyway :)

charliebubs
05-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Eva was quite happy when he arrived, settled down giving him big sexy blinks but as soon as he began with the healing hands thing, Eva was off, sitting by food bowl for more buscuits, gave Bernie a whacking and just generally behaving like the Diva she is. She even crapped on the floor for him:shock:
We'll see how it goes next week, after having used the bach remedies.

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I know I shouldn't laugh, but the image of that is so funny!!!! Poor Bob :-D :-D

meep
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
How very interesting Elaine. Maybe it's good that Bob has seen the 'real' Eva so he knows what he's working with ;) I swear by herbal remedies too. I always take Echinacea in winter and treat any minor ailments I have with herbs, not drugs, such as Valerian root for insomnia or Ginseng for a lack of energy. Herbs are natures medicine that our ancestors and other cultures have used for centuries, so there must be something in it ;)

So do you think you'll go ahead with next week's session? It was good of Bob to say that he doesn't want to prolong the amount of sessions if she won't respond, as it shows he's being truthful and not trying to stretch it out for more cash ;)

Elaine
05-08-2008, 09:01 PM
I used to be very sceptical about this stuff but my best friend does 'whispering' and she has had some amazing results. Bubbles adores her which is unusual ;)

Perhaps if she doesn't accept the reiki, finding a reputable 'whisperer' to talk to her and find out if something else is going on might help.

Hope this works anyway :)

What exactly does a whisperer do or is it pretty self explanitory?
I am going ahead with next weeks session coz in all honesty, it may not have done too much for Eva today but Bernie and I totally flaked out on the couch:lol:

Elaine
05-08-2008, 09:02 PM
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I know I shouldn't laugh, but the image of that is so funny!!!! Poor Bob :-D :-D

I had told Bob about her habits but I think he was quite shocked to see it:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grete
06-08-2008, 05:58 AM
What exactly does a whisperer do or is it pretty self explanitory?

She finds it hard to explain but the way I see it, they 'open' themselves to the animal and 'listen' to whatever they want to tell them. She was developing her skills as a prahnik healer and the whispering sort of happened. As I said I used to be very sceptical about it but as she's developed, her accuracy is getting quite impressive.

Elaine
12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Well we had what seemed to be a very relaxing session for Eva today. She sat with Bob for a good 20 minutes, very relaxed and contented. Bob isnt charging me the full amount as he says an hour is too long to expect her to sit but is happy with how she sat with him today.
I have to say, I think Bernie and I are also feeling the effects as we both nodded off and felt very relaxed. Eva does look very relaxed.
Bob said he was concentrating on her shoulder blades, which apparently support the whole nervous system and the centre of her head, which relate to her emotional well being and thought processes.
We have another session next Tuesday, then Bob is on holiday. That should allow time for the Bach remedies to begin to take effect.
I haven't noticed any real changes in her over the last week but only time will tell.

Mags
12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Glad to hear today's session went well this morning, Elaine, it sound as if Bob is making a 'connection' with Eva.:)

meep
12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
That sounds lovely Elaine, sounds like all three of you are really benefiting for it! Even if there are no drastic changes immediately, it is comforting to know that Eva seems to be responding and chilling out a bit.

I think it isn't a cop-out when they say that holistic, herbal and more spiritual medicine takes longer to take effect. It works from the insdie out rather than the outside in. So, for example, if you have a headache and you take a pain killer it provides immediate, and only temporary relief. It goes from the outside in. But if you have recurring headaches and begin to take a herbal remedy that promotes relaxation or prevents headaches it can take at least a month to filter through your system and for your body to respond to it so it can begin to neturalise the headaches entirely, rather than just 'cover them up'.

So I think the same may happen with Eva. Rather than a quick fix drug that would calm Eva immediately, but only last for a short while, Bob and the remedies may instill within her a more general sense of calm that will last :)

That's my way of looking at it. As you say, time will tell!

angieh
12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Promising news for Eva I think Elaine - and you and Bernie are obviously turned in perfectly all ready!

dandysmom
12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
It does sound promising! And you and Bernie re benefiting as well....

Elaine
12-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanx every one your comments, I do hope it helps her as I have a few house sitting jobs coming up, would be nice if she wasnt so upset about me not being here as often during them.

Elaine
19-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Well thats another Reiki session over, I think I can safely say that Eva loves Bob. She ran down stairs to greet him when he arrived and sat very comfortably with him for 20 minutes, she even exposed her tummy to him today.
A neighbour comented last week how Eva had come to her for a wee fuss, something she had never done before.
We will see Bob again in 3 weeks. I have a house sit job on for 2 weeks as of next Monday, might be interesting to see how she copes with it.

dandysmom
19-08-2008, 04:15 PM
It definitely sounds as if Eva is becoming less tense and high strung!! Wanting a fuss from the neighbor is amazing! That does not sound like the Diva we have come to know and love!!!!!

alexgirl73
19-08-2008, 05:03 PM
good grief!! How did I manage to miss this one? Apart from being on holiday of course lol.

Sounds like real progress is being made with the Diva Elaine. Long may it continue.

angieh
19-08-2008, 05:19 PM
The real test is going to be when you leave her at home and go off on your pet sitting job. I do so hope that she copes better.

Elaine
19-08-2008, 07:22 PM
The real test is going to be when you leave her at home and go off on your pet sitting job. I do so hope that she copes better.

Exactly, I also hope that she copes well but Graham has been instructed that if she shows any signs of stress and upset to start her on the Zylkene tablets and i also have some pro-biotic to help with her tummy upsets. I will be popping in and out, as often as i can to check on her.

meep
20-08-2008, 10:17 AM
That's great news Elaine! Really fascinating to hear about; only after a few sessions is she running to meet him, bless :)

Good luck with your house sits and leaving her alone for a wee while; hopefully it's only up from here!

Elaine
26-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, sadly Eva has upset herself and has the runs:roll: Am going to pop home to see her tomorrow:(

Moli
26-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Poor Baby, she is missing her mum....

angieh
26-08-2008, 10:10 PM
What a pity Elaine - poor Eva. Still, it was hoping for quite a lot of change in a shortish time.

Mags
26-08-2008, 10:13 PM
What a shame, just when we were thinking she was improving :(...

dandysmom
26-08-2008, 10:15 PM
A pity indeed', poor Eva. But it is early times .....

meep
27-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Poor Eva. It is a large history of upsetness to overcome in a few short weeks, and it probably will be a gradual process. I hope she feels better soon and you're both relaxing :)

Elaine
27-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Good news for Eva, I will be going home tonight. SuzyQ's owner has cut his holiday short as he is hating it.:?
I popped into see Eva this morning, she didnt seem too bad to me, normally she will either be very very clingy or ignore me completely, but she seemed in good spirits to me, her trouser legs also looked pretty clean and poo free.:D
I think Graham stresses too much about her upsets, maybe he should get some Reiki and bach flower remedies to help him chill:roll:

yola
27-08-2008, 02:03 PM
And if Graham stresses Eva probably will too! I hope that is was just a momentary lapse of bowel behaviour and that all will be solid from now on!

I would persevere with the Reiki for the moment until you can catagorically say that there is no change . . . but in order to monitor that properly you need stable circumstances such as not having you popping off to live elsewhere for a period of time!!

meep
27-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Well that is a relief Elaine :) It is hard not to worry about them as we sometimes just can't tell what they want, but it's good to know she isn't as stressed as you thought she might be.

I agree with Yola, I'd stick to Reiki and Bach's for at least another month or two and keep fingers crossed!

Elaine
27-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Because Eva is an indiscriminate pooper, I think thats what stresses G more, I just clean it up and dont make a fuss, so when its loose poops, G stresses that bit more.
He is fine until her bowels go.
Its not an ideal situation when i have to go look after other people animals in their homes, and i plan to continue with the reiki but I have to take the work when it comes in too.

Elaine
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Bob will be visiting Eva tomorrow, that should cheer the little minx a little;)

dandysmom
08-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here that it goes very well tomorrow.....

Elaine
09-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here that it goes very well tomorrow.....

She is very flighty this morning so not sure just how this session will go.

Love your avatar Eileen, Onyx is gorgeous xxx

dandysmom
09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
She is very flighty this morning so not sure just how this session will go.

Love your avatar Eileen, Onyx is gorgeous xxx

Thanks, I was thinking of her, and thought I'd use it for a bit, I miss that little girl ......

Elaine
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Eva was happy to see Bob this morning and even let him have a hands on session.
When she saw him last he said that there was something up with her process of elimination/toileting.
Today he has picked up on other areas such as the lymphatic system and kidneys.
So we are wondering if there was something brewing under the surface last time which has resulted in her upset tummy issues and its maybe still lingering.
She does enjoy her sessions and looks completely relaxed and at ease with Bob, after the session she always looks like she has just got out of bed and a little ruffled, after he leaves she has a wash and goes to sleep for a bit.

dandysmom
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Glad she had a good session! Has she had a solid movemnt yet?

Mags
09-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Glad the session went well Elaine..:D

Elaine
09-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Glad she had a good session! Has she had a solid movemnt yet?

No not really:(

dandysmom
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
:( :( :(

Elaine
22-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, now that Eva is back in good spirits, infact better spirits than ever before, we have Bob coming tomorrow morning. I wonder if he'll pick up on the change in her temperament etc.

Moli
22-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe it was a sore tum, and now she has had AB's is feeling a lot happier...

Elaine
22-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Maybe it was a sore tum, and now she has had AB's is feeling a lot happier...

Maybe, but whatever it was she is certainly a much friendlier girl than before although she doesnt like to be picked up.;)

Moli
22-09-2008, 07:18 PM
She is certainly the picture of healthy now....:D

Elaine
22-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I wonder if she'll snuggle up to Bernie again tonight, if so i will try to get a piccie;)

dandysmom
22-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Just because you want her to, she won't! But that would be a great pic .........

angieh
22-09-2008, 10:50 PM
........... do you think Bernie might get a little confused? After all, Eva is married to Jerry!

Elaine
23-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Thats another session over. Bob has picked up that her imune system is still a little low and her nervous system also needs a bit of a boost. She was ever so good and just lay and let Bob do his thing.
Bob has also made up a new blend of Bach remedies for her.
Crab apple - which is a continuation of the detox
and
Star of Bethlehem - this is for shock, of any kind and restores mental, emotional and physical calmness.
We will see Bob again in 3 weeks time but he is pleased with her progress and agrees that she certainly does seem to be taking things a little more in her stride.

yola
23-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow, well done to little Eva for responding so well :D It's really is heartwarming to hear about how much calmer and happier she seems.

Once Bob finishes his sessions with her (I presume at some point it will end - otherwise it'll cost a fortune surely), does he think her serene mood will continue or will the stress gradually creep back?

dinahsmum
23-09-2008, 11:22 AM
How interesting
It will be fascinating to see what develops.
And of course, with animals, it can't be 'all in the mind'. My old vet did quite a bit of homeopathy, herbalism and lots of acupuncture

angieh
23-09-2008, 12:05 PM
How interesting
It will be fascinating to see what develops.
And of course, with animals, it can't be 'all in the mind'. My old vet did quite a bit of homeopathy, herbalism and lots of acupuncture

How true that is! And really the one reason why I believe the whole homeopathy based treatment system works. Animals can show that it does.

It is amazing that Eva is changing gradually - long may she continue to be a more relaxed and happy girlie.

Mags
23-09-2008, 12:31 PM
So pleased that Eva is responding, it must be so rewarding for you to see the difference, Elaine.:D

dandysmom
23-09-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm really pleased that the dear Diva is responding so well! That's really happy news.....

Elaine
23-09-2008, 07:44 PM
he treatments will end. We started by one treatment per week for the first 3 or 4 weeks, then it went to fortnightly and now it'll be 3 weeks till we see Bob again. The idea is to sort of phase it out as she gets better and after that it should be a case of, if there are any upsets or problems, just give Bob a call for a top up treatment.

Elaine
14-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Bob is coming this morning;)

Mags
14-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Bob is coming this morning;)
Looking forward to your report Elaine....:)

dandysmom
14-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Hope it goes well, waiting for the update!

Elaine
14-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Not much to report. Eva was having none of it today and even gave Bob a growl and told him to back off with those healing hands:lol:
I have to say though that i do think there are improvements though. She is a little more tolerant, seems more relaxed about life in general and actually comes to greet guests now. She is also much more alert and playful.
Bob didnt charge for the session as Eva wasnt interested, which was nice. He said to leave it for a month and see how she is then. He said that maybe she just didnt feel like she needed any more healing at this point.

Moli
14-10-2008, 07:43 PM
She certainly has a mind of her own! but its great there is an improvement in her....

Elaine
14-10-2008, 07:49 PM
She certainly has a mind of her own! but its great there is an improvement in her....

And I wouldnt have her any other way:D
She was delighted to show Bob just how playful and agile she can be for a big girly, as she chased the laser pen up the door frames and across the floor:lol:

Moli
14-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Aww Bless her....she is just a big soft puddy cat!!

Elaine
18-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Bob's coming this morning;)

dinahsmum
18-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Hope madam behaves herself!

Have you ever tried TT on her Elaine? Circling one and a quarter circles on her skin, not hard, but with enough pressure to move the skin. There was an article on our local TV of someone doing it on a very exciteable dog - it really worked for him)

Elaine
18-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I have a book on it and tried it but she bit me:shock: :lol:
Should really keep at it with her, I'd forgot about it till now so thanx for the reminder. Will dig out the book again.
Since she is a little calmer now, she might not bite this time:lol:

PoshPuss
18-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I've been very interested in this thread Elaine. It's great that reiki has heped Eva and that Bob has demonstrated his healing skills. I think a lot more credit is due to 'alternative' therapy that traditional medicine will allow. Certainly the mind has powers we have not tapped into yet.

I think it's bizzare and not a little unfair that reiki is seen as a little 'kooky' or unscientific when there has been evidence of success. After all, medical men are happy to accept that psychotherapy and CBT are worthy but not other healing therapies. :?

I have two friends going through cancer treatment at the moment, both are having medicine ( chemo and radiotherapies) and both have poor prognoses. Yet they have reached out to spiritual healing in different ways and they are both here long after the doctors expected. Yes, the power of love is so strong, I bet Eva feels that all around her and will overcome.

Mags
18-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Hope madam behaves herself!

Have you ever tried TT on her Elaine? Circling one and a quarter circles on her skin, not hard, but with enough pressure to move the skin. There was an article on our local TV of someone doing it on a very exciteable dog - it really worked for him)

I often do that on the top of Cassie's head - she almost goes into a trance and dribbles!:D It must have a calming influence on her though as she purrs for Britain after!:lol:

Elaine
18-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Well Eva made Bob work for his pennies today by not staying in one place;) he picked up on a stiffness in her left shoulder which he felt meant that she needed a little balance on that side. He also picked up on relationships via her chest area, then she promptly went to smack Bernie:lol:
All in all he felt that all she needs a little top up here and there but feels that she has improved alot. We discussed her changes and have concluded that we are never going to turn her into a soft lump but we are both happy that she looks and seems much happier with herself.

meep
18-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Wonderful news Elaine! It's good he's realistic about it too, that you can't give a cat (or person) a new personality but you can restore balance :) From what you've said of Eva throughout the whole process it definately sounds like she's much calmer.