Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #1

Eva and the Reiki Master

Well, Bob called this morning and will be coming for an introductory meeting with Eva and myself on Wednesday morning. This session he wont charge me for as it is about finding out if Eva will respond to the Reiki, Bach flower Remedies or both.
I am looking forward to the meeting and hopefully we can help Eva become a more relaxed kitty for the future.
Will keep you updated about how we all get on.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #2

Re: Eva and the Reiki Master

I hope he'll be able to help to relax poor Eva, Elaine - will look forward to your report on Wednesday's meeting ....

Catsey Veteran

26-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #3

I have a feeling that she wont respond but nothing ventured, nothing gained. You never know she may just surprise us all and benefit greatly from it.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #4

You can but try Elaine, that way you know you are doing your best to help her...

As you say. Eva might just surprise us all, bless her!

Catsey Veteran

26-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #5

Thanx Mags. I dont want to change her, coz i love her grumpy little ways and she makes me laugh, I just want for her to feel more relaxed about vet visits and to be able to cope better if i am not around for a few days. If we could atleast acheive the latter as i hate going away and worrying about how she is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
26-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #6

Good luck Elaine. It will be interesting to learn how she gets on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #7

Will be really interested to hear whether Eva responds or not. As you say, nothing ventured ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #8

Hope it goes well for Eva, bless her!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
28-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #9

Elaine, I've been off the boards for a week (on holiday) so am a bit behind - what is wrong with Eva? Is she just very nervous / anxious?

Bach's Rescue Remedy is fantastic (mainly for human use but can be used for pets!) I use it when I'm stressed and it calms me straight away, a lot better than Kalms. Also, Bachs do make certain remedies specifically for pets. I really think you'll have some luck with them - the reiki will be interesting! I had a session once and I just could not stop giggling and laughing. It's supposed to cause emotional releases, and is genereally crying, but I went the other way Never seen it performed on an animal though!

Good luck!

Catsey Veteran

28-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #10

Thanx Meep, I have tried RR on her before and feliway but they didnt make alot of difference to her at all.
She is not ill, its just that she tends to get very stressed and upset if, for example, I am away for more than a couple of days. She upsets herself terribly and either ends up with an upset tummy or cystitis (which she has only had once thankfully). She doesnt cope with change very well at all and i'd just like to be able to help her chill a bit. Other than that she is as fit as a fiddle