View Full Version : Kitten prices

Pages : 1 [2]

dandysmom
13-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Well said, Kay!

Kay
13-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Well said, Kay!

Thank you Eileen. I never know whether to say anything or not on here in case I start an arguement :?

RFM
17-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I always encourage people to charge SOMETHING for the kitties they are trying to get rid of. Free kittens are snatched up for snake food, dog fighting bait and some will take a free kitten to a research facility and get paid for it. Therefore, it is always a good idea to charge something as most won't pay for the things above.

Also, the rescue I work with at times has a saying "you don't take care of things you don't pay for" and we have found that to be true a lot of the time. Granted, there are many people that take excellent care of free kittens they have come across....heck, I have 3 that were 'free' and they live a life of luxury, but I am a cat person. Someone stumbling upon a 'free' kitten and takes it because it is cute and cuddly and on a whim, isn't likely to take very good care of it in the long run.

dandysmom
17-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Very true! ........

Pinkhebe
01-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Perry cost me a bottle of wine and a box of jelly babies for the kids! But I knew the family he came from.

I had never thought about the implications of 'free kittens' probably because I love animals

lisa01uk87
02-10-2010, 12:23 AM
well, i payed £25 for bella, trouble i 'rescued' from a neighbour, strife and magic were both from a rescue down south (same one) i gave them £20 each and the rest of the money which was spent was on petrol to collect them, so i spent about £100 in total but as i say £80 of that was on petrol, i figured if i was going to spend that amount on a moggie id much rather it was from this rescue than just someone who was seeing ££££