PDA

View Full Version : My news

Kazz
17-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Some of you already know, well Smudgley and Alex but my news is............ day before yesterday agreed to take on a Staffie a dog who needs a little retraining ie learning some manners he met my two Sat and I should have him for about a month or so......depends on him and the home/owner they find for him if a stafford home (ie experienced owner) then may be gone quicker.

He got on fine with my girls yesterday and checked him out again today he was fine. Seems to be the just dotting I's and crossing T's:???:

He needed to be rehomed ASAP ...:mad: ...but can't say more on here PM if you need to know more.

Oh the good news is a home has come up well two actually one with an experienced Staffie owner who has an older bitch - could be a perfect match and now another possible a chap who has had bullmastiffs in his younger days and lives alone he could be ideal....will find out tomorrow if I need to have the dog for a while. Depends on where he ends up he could go straight to the home from the rescue.Rather than coming here to me.

smudgley
17-02-2008, 09:17 PM
That's great Kazz, please keep us all posted... I wonder if the lad who had Bullmastiffs is anyone I know. :shock: We used to breed / show them a few years ago. ;)

alexgirl73
17-02-2008, 09:18 PM
The wee dog will be perfectly mannered by the time he leaves you Karen lol.

Moli
17-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Bless you Kazz, sounds like he needs some TLC, and who better...

Mags
17-02-2008, 09:20 PM
You are just the person to retrain him Kazz and the fact that your two got on well with him is a good start...

Looking forward to hearing how you get on.. :)

Elaine
17-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Aww bless, your a good soul and I am sure the dog wont be too badlt behaved in the right hands.

Kazz
17-02-2008, 09:32 PM
That's great Kazz, please keep us all posted... I wonder if the lad who had Bullmastiffs is anyone I know. :shock: We used to breed / show them a few years ago. ;)

Don't know Smudgley you don't get to know it all other than he is a chap in his late 50's and now widowed and would now like another dog a little smaller than a bullmastiff I suppose.

Just had a message on the phone when I got home saying another possible home and that the shap is right close by to where the dog is been fostered at the moment so could be well suitable.

Fran
17-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Only just caught up with this Kazz. Hope all goes well for the dog. So glad your girls have taken to him :-)

borderdawn
17-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Well done Kazz, hope he gets the home he deserves.

yola
17-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Staffies are getting such bad press at the moment . . . each time I read something I think of gentle owners such a Karen and Hilary and think that these dogs are being very misunderstood.

Best of luck with this chap Kazz.

Kim
17-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Well done Kazz, I hope all goes well.

dinahsmum
18-02-2008, 10:36 AM
A pic would be nice, if possible Kazz. If not, a colour clue would do :)
A dog! :shock: Your garden! How are you preventing marking on all your lovely plants?
Anyway, that's a minor matter. Keep up the good work - I'm sure it will be rewarding.
And Yola you are right (not necessarily about me being gentle! :roll: :-D ) Staffies are such human-fixated little characters, and so hell-bent on pleasing people, it is very easy for the monsters to warp this biddability into aggression.

Kazz
18-02-2008, 11:51 AM
He is red and white DM, and his name was "unsuitable" but he is has been nicknamed Sid - Agghhh not thought about him lifting his leg......hmmmm oh well.
Not sure if he is coming here anyhow now as the chap with bullmastiff history is being homechecked today. If it works out he will be going straight there.

Fingers crossed. Karen

dinahsmum
18-02-2008, 12:00 PM
We were nearly persuaded into having an eighteen month old called Sidney. Not recently - before we had Dinah, whilst we still had Danny. He had been put into kennels and left :( . Friends of my mum took him and he is a lovely dog
So - best wishes for 'your' Sid. Hope all goes well