Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #1

My news

Some of you already know, well Smudgley and Alex but my news is............ day before yesterday agreed to take on a Staffie a dog who needs a little retraining ie learning some manners he met my two Sat and I should have him for about a month or so......depends on him and the home/owner they find for him if a stafford home (ie experienced owner) then may be gone quicker.

He got on fine with my girls yesterday and checked him out again today he was fine. Seems to be the just dotting I's and crossing T's

He needed to be rehomed ASAP ... ...but can't say more on here PM if you need to know more.

Oh the good news is a home has come up well two actually one with an experienced Staffie owner who has an older bitch - could be a perfect match and now another possible a chap who has had bullmastiffs in his younger days and lives alone he could be ideal....will find out tomorrow if I need to have the dog for a while. Depends on where he ends up he could go straight to the home from the rescue.Rather than coming here to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #2

Re: My news

That's great Kazz, please keep us all posted... I wonder if the lad who had Bullmastiffs is anyone I know. We used to breed / show them a few years ago.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #3

The wee dog will be perfectly mannered by the time he leaves you Karen lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #4

Bless you Kazz, sounds like he needs some TLC, and who better...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #5

You are just the person to retrain him Kazz and the fact that your two got on well with him is a good start...

Looking forward to hearing how you get on..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #6

Aww bless, your a good soul and I am sure the dog wont be too badlt behaved in the right hands.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
That's great Kazz, please keep us all posted... I wonder if the lad who had Bullmastiffs is anyone I know. We used to breed / show them a few years ago.
Don't know Smudgley you don't get to know it all other than he is a chap in his late 50's and now widowed and would now like another dog a little smaller than a bullmastiff I suppose.

Just had a message on the phone when I got home saying another possible home and that the shap is right close by to where the dog is been fostered at the moment so could be well suitable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #8

Only just caught up with this Kazz. Hope all goes well for the dog. So glad your girls have taken to him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
17-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #9

Well done Kazz, hope he gets the home he deserves.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #10

Staffies are getting such bad press at the moment . . . each time I read something I think of gentle owners such a Karen and Hilary and think that these dogs are being very misunderstood.

Best of luck with this chap Kazz.