PDA

View Full Version : Deep Cleaning Litter Tray

Donna
22-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Anyone know how I can get the "limescale" kinda deposits that end up in the bottom of the litter tray?? Have used the normal bathroom limescale products without much effect :roll: and have tried scraping it too...

Moli
22-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I could never get it off either Donna, resorted to buying new trays and using litter liners in them.

Fran
22-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Because I disinfect the trays so many times a week (I started a routine of disinfecting trays every couple of days when Porsha had really bad runs and have just continued to do so), I don't really have a problem with this but have you thought about jet washing? Failing that, I might be inclined to get new trays?

Moli
22-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Because I disinfect the trays so many times a week (I started a routine of disinfecting trays every couple of days when Porsha had really bad runs and have just continued to do so), I don't really have a problem with this but have you thought about jet washing? Failing that, I might be inclined to get new trays?
I did try jet washing PK, but it did not move it, Cat urine seems to eat into the plastic...:(

EmmaG
22-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Very strong bleach and very hot water can help. Put the bleach on and leave it for about 15 mins and then pour a small amount of boiling water, by this time it should have fizzed up a bit. This is how I have cleaned mine before.

Good luck!!

Moofster
22-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I do the bleach soak too, I have a spare so use that while one is being soaked. I also think that if you can get the clumps out as soon as practical then this reduces the build up.