Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
22-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #1

Deep Cleaning Litter Tray

Anyone know how I can get the "limescale" kinda deposits that end up in the bottom of the litter tray?? Have used the normal bathroom limescale products without much effect and have tried scraping it too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #2

Re: Deep Cleaning Litter Tray

I could never get it off either Donna, resorted to buying new trays and using litter liners in them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #3

Because I disinfect the trays so many times a week (I started a routine of disinfecting trays every couple of days when Porsha had really bad runs and have just continued to do so), I don't really have a problem with this but have you thought about jet washing? Failing that, I might be inclined to get new trays?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Because I disinfect the trays so many times a week (I started a routine of disinfecting trays every couple of days when Porsha had really bad runs and have just continued to do so), I don't really have a problem with this but have you thought about jet washing? Failing that, I might be inclined to get new trays?
I did try jet washing PK, but it did not move it, Cat urine seems to eat into the plastic...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #5

Very strong bleach and very hot water can help. Put the bleach on and leave it for about 15 mins and then pour a small amount of boiling water, by this time it should have fizzed up a bit. This is how I have cleaned mine before.

Good luck!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
22-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #6

I do the bleach soak too, I have a spare so use that while one is being soaked. I also think that if you can get the clumps out as soon as practical then this reduces the build up.